Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3M Dynatron Truck Bed Liner Installation Tips & Review!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M Dynatron Truck Bed Liner Installation Tips & Review!

I recently ordered (from http://www.automatcentral.com/rubber-coating-spray.html) 3M's Dynatron Rubber Spray to coat my truck bed liner in. You will receive six 18oz cans with fast shipping, enough to cover an entire truck bed (I had 1/2 can left because I have a short bed). Here are some step by step pictures with installation tips :

Way before any cleaning full of dirt, grime, and 2-cycle chainsaw oil:

Full cleaning, scraping/removal of grim & dirt, sanding off of rust, and wipe down w/ acetone (must be used to remove all impurities):

Wipe the entire truck bed down with a Scotch Brite Pad (green pads)!

Carefully placed newspaper prep work and the spraying of "Rust Stop" Primer on all spots afflicted with rust (I suggest using a black primer because the red I used can be slightly seen):

Right after full coverage of spray (from 12-24 inches away to make even):

Everything will be fully cured in about 2-3 days (do not drive or touch) and you will be left with this final product:

I highly recommend this product to be used as a bed liner because it dries very uniformly and looks nice and tough. Make sure to do all necessary prep-work before applying it (it will pay off!) REMOVE ANY GREASE! Go to AutoMatCentral and buy this!

Quick Reply: 3M Dynatron Truck Bed Liner Installation Tips & Review!