Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Solo Performance Dual Exhaust 5.0 V8

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 04:33 PM

Received 103 Likes on 63 Posts

Default 2015 Solo Performance Dual Exhaust 5.0 V8

Hi all, I wanted to take a minute to let you know that Solo Performance has completed their dual exhaust dual side exit (behind rear tires) and I for one couldn't be happier. Below are some pictures from my install. I wanted to show everyone how unbelievable their fit and finish is. I had their Mach X on my 2012 Ecoboost and am a very happy camper to be a returning customer.

I opted for these elliptical tips as opposed to their signature dual tips. They now make the tips clamp on as opposed to pre-welded on which is great for us as we now have options. They also supply in my opinion the best exhaust clamps available.

They no longer use the mach X muffler and now use this single in, dual out (streams cross inside) muffler. Their research found this to be the best option for sound inside and out and boy did they hit it out of the park. The polishing on this muffler is spectacular.

Nice high quality hardware and drivers side hanger.

Beautify mandrel bent 409 stainless pipes. Muffler and tips are 304 stainless.

Just like their past systems they welded heat shields to protect the brake lines.

Quality 3/8" Flange.

The supplied drivers side rear hanger needs a hole to be made. This was quite simple. I just installed the exhaust system loosely then held the hanger up to the frame where it needed to be and marked and drilled the hole with the self tappers that were included in the kit. All other hangers use the factory locations and lined up perfectly.

Drivers side pipe was installed completely as there really isn't adjustment after its in its place then I matched the passengers side.

Passengers side pipe in place.

Just so everybody knows, I had the Magnaflow dual side exit kit installed but sent it back for this kit. The fit and finish of the Magnaflow was good but I didn't like it for the following reasons;

1. Did not delete the resonator
2. Made me drop the spare tire
3. Sound. Probably due to the resonator not being deleted. Just not loud enough. Only slightly louder than stock.
4. Price! Over $900 dollars is just ridiculous in my opinion.

The sound of this Exhaust is just perfect. The truck sounds like a truck now and has a performance growl. Absolutely ZERO drone and this is the most important thing to most of us.

Jeff from Solo Performance is awesome. I highly suggest anyone interested give him a call (his number is on their website). He will answer any questions you may have. I will try and answer any questions as well 😉
Old 05-17-2015, 04:38 PM

Because I'm an idiot and didn't remember that I could only upload 10 pictures at one time here are some more showing fitment.

Look mom, no resonator!

These clamps really are awesome

Drivers side hanger installed

Check out all the room on either side of the tire. Don't know what Magnaflow was thinking making a kit that forces you to remove the spare tire entirely?????

Last edited by jmeo; 05-17-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 04:50 PM

Here are some of the finished product

Old 05-18-2015, 12:50 PM

Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Nice... How much does this kit run? Also, do you you have any sound clips? Oh, and I bet it sounds a hell of a lot better on the 5.0 huh??
Old 05-18-2015, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Matt_RTR_FX4
Nice... How much does this kit run? Also, do you you have any sound clips? Oh, and I bet it sounds a hell of a lot better on the 5.0 huh??

Can't seem to upload, ill keep trying. You will have to contact Jeff at Solo Performance for pricing as I don't know what they have set for a price. Oh yes, this sounds amazing on my 5.0!

I loved their kit for ecoboosts but I just missed the V8 sound
Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 PM

Received 147 Likes on 125 Posts

is it just the angle, or does it contact the leafs on full droop?
Old 05-21-2015, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by uzikaduzi
is it just the angle, or does it contact the leafs on full droop?
Just the angle, no hitting at all.
The following users liked this post:
uzikaduzi (05-21-2015)
Old 05-24-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So this is just the Mach X system with different tips correct? I have had my mind set on this exhaust for quite some time and will be ordering soon. Not sure if I like the single or twin tips more, I would like black more than silver all the same.

I am taking it as they changed the muffler for all Mach X systems now? Either way fine by me, these guys really seem to know what they're doing and the no-drone while still having some real throat sells it for me.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:43 AM

I don't think they are calling it the Mach X anymore but I'm not sure. The Mach X has a dual in and dual out muffler that x's in the middle and the new muffler is single in that V's to dual out.

Sounds great.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:24 AM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Looks nice, If you get the mach 44 kit can you pick a single tip instead of dual?

Quick Reply: 2015 Solo Performance Dual Exhaust 5.0 V8