Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015-2016 leveling kit

Old 04-19-2016, 04:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015-2016 leveling kit

please delete if there is already a thread on this. and please send me the link for it if there is one. i searched but couldn't find that much info on it. I recently purchased a 2016 f150 super crew fx4 ecoboost 5.5ft bed.

i am looking into getting a leveling kit installed but see mix things about doing a 2.5 inch in the front. i read that it might be to much for the front causing cv issues or any issues. so any information would be great or if anyone has leveling kits on this model truck to tell me there experience.

I really want to order a kit but want to have info before i order. i was going to do a 2.5 rough country leveling kit but again a shop told me that 2.5 is to much and will cause issues to go with a maximum of a 2.25 inch leveling kit and i wanted to know the truth on that.

thank you everyone for you help!!
Old 04-20-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 162 Likes on 132 Posts

There is some conflicting views on this. I recently looked at the various threads on this and concluded that some people may experience increased wear on kits that lift the front 2.5" or more. The consensus seems to be that 2.5" is the maximum threshold for increasing wear while 3" will definitely do so. 2.0" or less seems to cause no discernible increase in suspension component wear. I do not know if 4WD vs. 2WD factors into this at all either. I have seen that some of the kits like the Autospring version have grooves cut into them which are supposed to allow full articulation on the suspension components where as some of the others don't. This may or may not impact wear as well.

It seems to me that 2" is the best compromise here and that allows you to install 33" tires without issue. If you want to go larger than that I'd suggest going with an actual lift kit.
The following users liked this post:
ozzie73 (04-20-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 08:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spamfritter
There is some conflicting views on this. I recently looked at the various threads on this and concluded that some people may experience increased wear on kits that lift the front 2.5" or more. The consensus seems to be that 2.5" is the maximum threshold for increasing wear while 3" will definitely do so. 2.0" or less seems to cause no discernible increase in suspension component wear. I do not know if 4WD vs. 2WD factors into this at all either. I have seen that some of the kits like the Autospring version have grooves cut into them which are supposed to allow full articulation on the suspension components where as some of the others don't. This may or may not impact wear as well.

It seems to me that 2" is the best compromise here and that allows you to install 33" tires without issue. If you want to go larger than that I'd suggest going with an actual lift kit.
Thanks for that information, greatly appreciated do you have any pictures of your set up? I was thinking about the fuel vapor wheels myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015-2016 leveling kit