Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 F-150 mastercylinder upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 F-150 mastercylinder upgrade?

I was doing some research on my truck and I found quite a few disturbing accounts of the mastercylinder going dead suddenly. Folks would be driving along and the brake pedal would just go totally dead. Lots of collisions and near misses. I'm very glad I read about this so I can be on guard.
The part that really gives me pause is that Ford regularly refused to pay for the replacement, and repaired the system with the same defective parts.
Ooof.
So, are there aftermarket parts for this?
Old 01-17-2019, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

Originally Posted by goodsteel
I was doing some research on my truck and I found quite a few disturbing accounts of the mastercylinder going dead suddenly. Folks would be driving along and the brake pedal would just go totally dead. Lots of collisions and near misses. I'm very glad I read about this so I can be on guard.
The part that really gives me pause is that Ford regularly refused to pay for the replacement, and repaired the system with the same defective parts.
Ooof.
So, are there aftermarket parts for this?
there was a recall on the ecoboost trucks for this....Don't get caught up in the 'I saw this on the internet' mindset. People that post online are a very very small percentage of F150 owners
Old 01-18-2019, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djfllmn
there was a recall on the ecoboost trucks for this....Don't get caught up in the 'I saw this on the internet' mindset. People that post online are a very very small percentage of F150 owners
Yeah, I get that, but TOTAL BRAKE FAILURE is a very scary thought. I just wondered if there was an aftermarket, better than factory, upgraded brake kit.

Quick Reply: 2013 F-150 mastercylinder upgrade?