Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 White Lariat Tow Mirror Upgrade w/ Chrome Caps

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2011 White Lariat Tow Mirror Upgrade w/ Chrome Caps

Hi All,

I just had my Power Heated, Memory, Turn Signal, Puddle Light, Towing Chrome Cap Telescoping Mirror Pair installed. I had originally planned to install them myself - it seems easy enough, but I was also having my remote start, remote tailgate and backup camera installed so I figured hey - why not?

I bought the mirrors from http://www.1aauto.com/ after reading about them on the forums. My favorite feature is the MEMORY!! My owners manual said that my oem mirrors did this but they didn't, so I was disappointed, but man it's awesome that every time I get in the truck they get put right back to where I had them. I live in NYC so I have to fold them in every time I park. I haven't experienced this yet with the new mirrors, but with my oem mirrors they would constantly move every time I folded them in.

If you're installing them yourself, 1AAuto has a great video to explain how. This video is for the 04-08 but it's pretty much the same thing:

I paid $319.95 for the pair directly from the website and received free shipping. This item arrived in just 2 days!! I was very excited about that, as I hadn't expected them for another few days. You can probably get a better deal if you call in. This seemed like a steal compared to the $1,000/ea for the power folding & power telescoping. These mirrors do NOT have that option.

I was afraid these mirrors may be too big, after reading many people calling them "dumbo ears" and what have you and after receiving them they seemed HUGE in the box. Once they were on the truck though, they looked totally fine and gave it a more bad *** look imo.

Before anyone tells me that they don't like the chrome -- I do! I know this forum doesn't have many chrome fans, but I am going for a Black, White & Chrome/Machined look. I had originally planned a completely black & white look, but my Lariat came with the chrome package and I love the way the grill looks chrome. My 2" Lift, black 20" XD Monsters & Terra Grapplers have already been ordered! They will go on next week sometime.

The actual mirrors are good. They only add a little bit more vision when used normally, but obviously have a big effect with the telescoping feature. I like that the passenger mirror has the blind spot mirror - my OEM mirror didn't have this. I am still trying to figure out exactly where I like the passenger mirror. Something just doesn't feel right when I look in that one yet. I am sure I will get used to it. As an NYC driver that puts about 12k miles a year driving in the city, the more you can see the better.

I hope this helps anyone interested in purchasing the Tow Mirror upgrade for their F150!

2011 White Lariat Tow Mirror Upgrade w/ Chrome Caps-mluoom4.jpg

Last edited by BIG_WHITE_HYPE; 11-03-2013 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-13-2013, 04:20 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thank you for you order. It's greatly appreciated.

Tony
Old 11-13-2013, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the larger mirrors the fire day I got my truck, small learning curve with the new size and width of the truck, but like them a lot. got them from ford and I'm sure paid top $
Old 11-14-2013, 01:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's been like a week and a half now and I am totally comfortable with the right mirror. After some research I learned that on tow mirrors the passenger side mirror is not convex which allows you to see the back of your load better. A little annoying at first but better now.

Quick Reply: 2011 White Lariat Tow Mirror Upgrade w/ Chrome Caps