Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 f150 xl Radio upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 f150 xl Radio upgrade

I have this radio in my F1 50 XL. I was just going to ask the forum if anyone knew some aftermarket radios that worked with this truck? Can I upgrade to the stock radio that comes in the lariats? I do realize I can just throw an aftermarket radio from eBay in the dash, but I think those look kind of bad and I’m looking for more of a stock look but I would like it to be functional and have Bluetooth. I would really like it to have apply play if possible.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:40 AM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

yes you can swap it out but you won't just be buying a new radio, you will need adapters too. here is a link showing you all the double din units that have carplay and bt and fit your truck. you can call crutchfield directly and they will tell you everything you will need to do the install.

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462550...s_Free_Calling
Old 03-28-2019, 09:46 PM
Paving the Way

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Landcas501

I have this radio in my F1 50 XL. I was just going to ask the forum if anyone knew some aftermarket radios that worked with this truck? Can I upgrade to the stock radio that comes in the lariats? I do realize I can just throw an aftermarket radio from eBay in the dash, but I think those look kind of bad and I’m looking for more of a stock look but I would like it to be functional and have Bluetooth. I would really like it to have apply play if possible.
Best Buy. All you need is a double din stereo and the mounting kit ($20) for your truck and the whip that connects the factory harness to the new stereo harness. Heres mine that is the same truck.

Quick Reply: 2011 f150 xl Radio upgrade