Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 driven the car without the right tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 driven the car without the right tune

Hello everyone.
Iīm kind of new on Lightnings but I have started to mod my lightning and at this point I have mounted Lfp valve body, boost-bypass and egr delete and a electric fan and I have the stock tune. I have test the car and run the car a little hot but not pressed the car at all and I talked to a guy here in sweden and he said that It was very risky and stupid so my question to you Is If the car has taken any dammage?

Really appritiate anwsers and If you could be lenient with me and my problem.

Best regards Andreas
Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

It is a risk but its hard to say yes or no if it'll damage ur motor .. there are so many variables like is there any sign of detonation, fuel trims are u running lean. Boost level are u running lean during boost and so on. Tuning is very important on forced induction vehicles first and foremost make them reliable and maximize performance. Hope this helps. Have u inspected ur spark plugs for any damaging signs?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by dieseltech
It is a risk but its hard to say yes or no if it'll damage ur motor .. there are so many variables like is there any sign of detonation, fuel trims are u running lean. Boost level are u running lean during boost and so on. Tuning is very important on forced induction vehicles first and foremost make them reliable and maximize performance. Hope this helps. Have u inspected ur spark plugs for any damaging signs?

Thanks for anwser.
I have a Innovate wideband and on idle the car shakes a bit and the air/fuel radio jumps between 17-21(red area) and when I just touch the throttle the air/fuel radio goes back to normal 14.7. Less If I press the throttle a bit more.
The car only goes lean on idle and when I test the car with a little boost the levels are good on the wideband.

I have not check the spark plugs but If the car have gone lean or taken any damage the plugs should be a little white bright?

Regards
Old 03-31-2012, 03:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

That is extremely lean.. if its reading correctly
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by dieseltech
That is extremely lean.. if its reading correctly
I a very good wideband so I think Itīs quite correct but If the car goes this lean on only Idle I canīt done so much harm? cuz when to boost comes the car seems to have the right air/fuel mix.
It must be like just having low fuel and the engine may stop, not optional maybe but not likely the end for the enginge?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Andreas

I a very good wideband so I think Itīs quite correct but If the car goes this lean on only Idle I canīt done so much harm? cuz when to boost comes the car seems to have the right air/fuel mix.
It must be like just having low fuel and the engine may stop, not optional maybe but not likely the end for the enginge?
What's the a/f at wot? What's your stft and ltft look like
Old 04-10-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by jcain
What's the a/f at wot? What's your stft and ltft look like
The a/f radio on wot is round 11.6

What do you mean with stft and ltft?
Regards Andreas

Quick Reply: 2002 driven the car without the right tune