Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002-2007 F150 Rear Seat Removal and Amp Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2002-2007 F150 Rear Seat Removal and Amp Install

1) remove the top of the seat belt tower. (T50 star bit)
2) Stick a screw driver up the upholstery hole beside one of the two latches (see photo) and aim toward the roof. Slide the screw driver above the bar inside the seat then push forward….and then push up. At the same time take your free arm and push the seat down and up while keep pushing the screw driver. When there is movement lift the seat. Repeat on the other side.
3) You will also need to loosen three clip bolts with a T47 star bit.

I purchased some wood and and screwed it to the rear of cab as you can see below then screwed the amp to that.

Once everything was installed put seat back in with the help of a friend. It takes two people to reinstall the seat.

Hope this helps all you that do not have that handy leaver like the 2008s and up model trucks.

Also make sure all the wires go under the bar for the amp so to not get caught on the seat.

Alpine INA-W900 Nav/DVD/Rear Camera (soon)/ XM/ Ipod; Pioneer 1000w peak 200 Rms; and a Kenwood amp 1000wate max 500 Rms 2ohm.

I used cord cable cover because I didn't want to cut a hole in the carpet and run the wires.

This set will keep thieves from stealing your amp because it ain't easy getting that seat out. Also you can see the door hinge bolting the sub box down. This is to meet insurance requirements that everything is bolted down.

The system sounds great and is fully insured.

PM me if y'all have any questions. Sorry if this a repeat but I didn't see this DIY in my searches.

P.S. If you're not patient this is not for you.

Last edited by atxval; 12-16-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:22 PM

Default New Addition

Added bluetooth and rear view camera. The install is complete and looks like the above pic.

Last edited by atxval; 12-25-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: added text
Old 12-26-2011, 06:30 PM

Nice

Quick Reply: 2002-2007 F150 Rear Seat Removal and Amp Install