Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Only Live Once!!!Registered for RaptorAssault

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 06:24 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default You Only Live Once!!!Registered for RaptorAssault

When I purchased my '17 Raptor I received the invite for Raptor Assault in Utah. I didn't take advantage of it and regretted it, especially as we drove from NY to Utah and back so were there anyway.

Now that I have my '19, I just received the invite in the mail today. I wasn't going to let this opportunity slip by. It fills up real quick. So end August we will head toward Salt Lake City for Raptor Assault. I've seen it on YouTube and it looks like a blast.

My wife will accompany me. Shame she can't join in the fun. But she'll make herself busy. Hmm, wonder if there's any quilting stores in the area? Her collection of Bernina Swiss made sewing machines are as expensive as some cars. Gotta keep em happy, you know. This way I can buy whatever I want.

I know they supply the Raptors. Still deciding whether to drive mine there to do Moab or fly there. Also want to head down to Arizona to the slot canyons. Didn't make the reservation for that early enough last year and was closed out.

Anyone here done the Raptor Assault?

Slot Canyon in Page, AZ

Last edited by MDJAK; 10-07-2019 at 08:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Silver-Bolt (10-08-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 01:45 PM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts

I just signed up for August 8th and 9th. I am planning on driving Black Betty out there. You should drive and go to Moab! I went there this summer with my ‘17 and had a blast. Didn’t do as much off-roading as I would have liked, but it was super fun!

Old 02-20-2019, 03:20 PM

Awesome shots. In 2017 we also drove my then '17 Raptor to Utah from NY. 6k miles round trip. Headed south first to The Tail of the Dragon in Tn and Carolina (can't recall if it's south or north but I think South), then on to Nashville, then to Kansas City, then Boulder, Co, where we did some soft roading. We then went to Bryce, Arches and Zion. It was incredible, but too rushed once we got out there. Off roaded in Arches and then in a town in western Utah where my daughter who joined us flew out of. Name escapes me. Wanted to go to the Salt Flats near Salt Lake but it was yet another few hundred miles and we had a long drive home ahead of us.

I'm seriously considering taking my new Raptor again. It's a toss-up between that and flying. I'll probably wind up driving though.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:11 PM

It should be fun! Looking forward to it. Do they give you any goodies while you are there?
Old 02-20-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by RedX
It should be fun! Looking forward to it. Do they give you any goodies while you are there?
don’t know haven’t been yet. I’m going two weeks after you.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by MDJAK

don’t know haven’t been yet. I’m going two weeks after you.
I was hoping someone would chime in that’s been there. Not much traffic on this forum anymore....
Old 02-21-2019, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by RedX

I was hoping someone would chime in that’s been there. Not much traffic on this forum anymore....
Why do you think that is? Is there another, older, more established Raptor forum? The only other one I found is dedicated to the Raptor ATV. I realize it's not a truck owned by the masses but I'd still think there would be more participation here.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:40 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

I went to assault last year. They give you a bag of goodies and other stuff while you are there.

It's a bit outside of salt lake, we stayed at the suggested hotel but it's not really necessary if you don't mind a 30-40 minute drive from an airport hotel.

Wife and I flew in a couple days early and saw the sights.

I had a blast as there isn't a lot of mountain driving here in MN. Lol. If you have a lot of desert experience then the class may seem a bit pedestrian.
The following users liked this post:
RedX (02-21-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FRF, Ford Raptor Forum.com
The following 2 users liked this post by Raptorss:
MDJAK (05-08-2019), Sharkhunt (10-10-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 07:20 AM
klastinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default August

I am signed up for August 29 and 30. Looking forward to it.

Quick Reply: You Only Live Once!!!Registered for RaptorAssault