Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring for radiance amber lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring for radiance amber lights

Installing Rigid Radiance POD Lights on my 2018 Raptor. Looking for tips where to tap power for the amber lights used with the Daytime Running Lights. I will wire the spot lights to one of the aux switches but looking for a place to wire the amber lights so the work with the running lights.

thanks in advance...
Old 03-11-2020, 08:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Awickedtruth
Installing Rigid Radiance POD Lights on my 2018 Raptor. Looking for tips where to tap power for the amber lights used with the Daytime Running Lights. I will wire the spot lights to one of the aux switches but looking for a place to wire the amber lights so the work with the running lights.

thanks in advance...
I wired mine to the radio feed wire (Red) powers on when the Ignition turs on, and off when its turned off.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:03 AM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

I found this when I was looking at doing the same thing. I ended up just using one of the upfitter switches.

Try This
Old 03-13-2020, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from specialtyperformanceparts team, and their instructions and kit were very well thought out. They include a wire insert that taps into an existing 12v ACC power source under the glove box and builds into into a factory harness. No goofy vampire taps or anything like that. This way you can connect to one of the AUX bypass wires (not the switches, the bypass wires in the same area). The other end of the wire is near the AUX feeds in the engine bay, connect that up to the Radiance wire and you get the radiance feature on for ACC automatically without tapping into any of the power from the regular lighting. It's a few more steps, but safer especially if you are drawing for more lights - in my case 6 of the Radiance would draw too much power from a direct tap into the front factory lighting feed.

You can probably find their instruction PDF on the website. They also sell the tap kit as a $10 bag of goodies you can buy separately if you already have your lights.

Old 03-15-2020, 09:25 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ahoopi
I bought mine from specialtyperformanceparts team, and their instructions and kit were very well thought out. They include a wire insert that taps into an existing 12v ACC power source under the glove box and builds into into a factory harness. No goofy vampire taps or anything like that. This way you can connect to one of the AUX bypass wires (not the switches, the bypass wires in the same area). The other end of the wire is near the AUX feeds in the engine bay, connect that up to the Radiance wire and you get the radiance feature on for ACC automatically without tapping into any of the power from the regular lighting. It's a few more steps, but safer especially if you are drawing for more lights - in my case 6 of the Radiance would draw too much power from a direct tap into the front factory lighting feed.

You can probably find their instruction PDF on the website. They also sell the tap kit as a $10 bag of goodies you can buy separately if you already have your lights.

I'm curious - why did you hang your lights upside down? Could they not be installed right side up?
Old 03-15-2020, 09:49 AM

Disregard... I just read that they install upside down unless you purchase the Rigid extended brackets.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by JohnC12
I'm curious - why did you hang your lights upside down? Could they not be installed right side up?
I took all the face pieces off and flipped them over. So mine look like they are right side up. Six allen screws and ten minutes can fix this.
The following users liked this post:
urrtoast (03-18-2020)
Old 03-18-2020, 02:59 PM

Just six screws each
Attached Thumbnails Wiring for radiance amber lights-photo587.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mlarv:
BlackKnight81 (03-26-2020), urrtoast (03-18-2020)
Old 03-21-2020, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mlarv
Just six screws each
Nice... thanks Mlarv!
The following users liked this post:
Mlarv (03-21-2020)
Old 03-24-2020, 06:42 PM
F150 Forum

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Just make sure you flip the lights bezels back around if you ever need to send them in for warranty service from Rigid. They'll void your warranty for removing the outer bezel.

As for where to tap, I always hit the side marker lights wiring on our installs.

Quick Reply: Wiring for radiance amber lights