Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SVT Raptor Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 05:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SVT Raptor Questions...

I want to know what all the guys with raptors paid for there "fully loaded" trucks.

I want to know negotiating price, monthly payments, incentives, interest rate, down payment, ect.

Right now I'm in between a screw kingranch 4x4, or a screw Raptor. But spending the extra bucks on a raptor might be worth it. what do you guys think?
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Raptors are not eligible for any incentives or X-Plan type pricing. Many dealers are still trying to get MSRP +, but you can buy them for invoice plus $750-1000 just about anyplace if you are willing to order one and wait. Taking one off the lot will cost you in most cases.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In a comparison of msrp a raptor vs lariat vs FX4 option for option the raptor will run you around 3000 dollars more. Considering the shocks alone are 750 dollars a piece not counting the other suspension mods, 35 inch tires, and unique look with different hood, grill, bumpers, and fenders i think all that for an extra 3000 is a steal. Try modding a regular f150 and it will cost probably around 2-3 times that. The real difference lies between prices because there are no price incentives on the raptor. If you try to buy a raptor on the lot you will probably pay msrp or more. I recomend ordering and waiting and you will save around 3-4000 dollars depending on all the options you order. I paid 1500 over invoice for mine.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Flame Raptor
In a comparison of msrp a raptor vs lariat vs FX4 option for option the raptor will run you around 3000 dollars more. Considering the shocks alone are 750 dollars a piece not counting the other suspension mods, 35 inch tires, and unique look with different hood, grill, bumpers, and fenders i think all that for an extra 3000 is a steal. Try modding a regular f150 and it will cost probably around 2-3 times that. The real difference lies between prices because there are no price incentives on the raptor. If you try to buy a raptor on the lot you will probably pay msrp or more. I recomend ordering and waiting and you will save around 3-4000 dollars depending on all the options you order. I paid 1500 over invoice for mine.
x2, except for the 1500 over invoice. I paid 2k over msrp off the lot. It was a take it or leave it deal, no negotiation. If I did not buy it, someone else would!
Old 12-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Location: After 20 + years in the foothills of the Sierras; I am now [back] in the south-end of Sunny SoCal!
Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Flame Raptor

I agree with most of your opine.

Although, in dealer rich CA, (lots of Ford dealers in all sizes) there are some dealers who will deal at $500 to $1000 over invoice.

Another factor, is factory rebates and incentives, which are limited if at all available on the Raptor.

I do agree however, that this is a totally from the factory engineered truck and the set-up and components--tires, wheeels, suspension--are worth all that you pay.

I still wish there was an EB option for this truck; let those who want the big block have it and for those of us who want more balance of off-road performance, but want a little better MPG for improved range, and improved high altitude towing etc, the EB would be a nice option.

I love the look of this truck and I love the feel of the seats; I have a big decision to make in the next couple of months....Lariat, FX4, or Raptor; I already have the price locked up on each model, with my local dealer and Robyn at Redlands Ford down in SoCal. I also have a contact at the #1 Ford dealer in the country, Galpin Ford, down in the San Fernando Valley.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal-09
I agree with most of your opine.

Although, in dealer rich CA, (lots of Ford dealers in all sizes) there are some dealers who will deal at $500 to $1000 over invoice.

Another factor, is factory rebates and incentives, which are limited if at all available on the Raptor.

I do agree however, that this is a totally from the factory engineered truck and the set-up and components--tires, wheeels, suspension--are worth all that you pay.

I still wish there was an EB option for this truck; let those who want the big block have it and for those of us who want more balance of off-road performance, but want a little better MPG for improved range, and improved high altitude towing etc, the EB would be a nice option.

I love the look of this truck and I love the feel of the seats; I have a big decision to make in the next couple of months....Lariat, FX4, or Raptor; I already have the price locked up on each model, with my local dealer and Robyn at Redlands Ford down in SoCal. I also have a contact at the #1 Ford dealer in the country, Galpin Ford, down in the San Fernando Valley.
Again...there are no incentives...If you are buying it for the looks and the seats...You really don't know what your getting. It's a completely different animal. The offroad electronic systems, suspension, etc specialty designed. If your not going to do high speed off road running or any moderate off road activities, then don't buy a Raptor . Get a FX4 if all you want is a good looking rig, they are the best looking 4x4 on the road.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 what FLA said. If you don't plan to use the Raptor as it was designed to be used you're overpaying, no matter how good of a deal you get. At that point it becomes a question of if the looks of the Raptor justify the cost difference in your mind over the looks of an FX4.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:13 AM

One further point...Not only is the FX4 a great looking rig it is a VERY capable off road rig. Don't get me wrong..I love my Raptor. It's a bad boy...no doubt...but a FX4 set up right and standing stall is just as nice in my opinion.

Quick Reply: SVT Raptor Questions...