Shadow Black Pics - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.

Shadow Black Pics

Old 12-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Default Shadow Black Pics

I would like to see some Shadow Black pics. I am thinking about adding some red accents. I think iíll start with the red bead lock trim rings. So if anyone has red accents on their Raptor, iíd Like to see them.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:08 AM

I found this pic. I like the red accents. Has anybody taken their tow hooks off and painted them? It looks like a pain in the butt to do.
Old 12-25-2018, 12:17 PM

Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,471 Posts

I painted mine lightning blue. They are easy to remove once you remove the skid plate. I'm not sure if I like them lightning blue or not, but I'm too lazy to remove them again to strip them down. I also painted the skid plate magnetic to match the bumper.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
I painted mine lightning blue. They are easy to remove once you remove the skid plate. I'm not sure if I like them lightning blue or not, but I'm too lazy to remove them again to strip them down. I also painted the skid plate magnetic to match the bumper.

Do you have any pics that show the skid plate painted? Did you do it yourself or have it done professionally? While the tow hooks look easy to do, I'm thinking they're not so easy, especially if you don't want drips.

Old 12-25-2018, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
Do you have any pics that show the skid plate painted? Did you do it yourself or have it done professionally? While the tow hooks look easy to do, I'm thinking they're not so easy, especially if you don't want drips.
This is all I have. The tow hooks were easy. I hung them with bailing wire, sprayed them with my paint gun and clear coated them with my paint gun.

The Following User Says Thank You to NASSTY For This Useful Post:
MDJAK (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 08:34 PM

Looks great. I notice empty brackets where lights go in bumper? Also, how does your Raptor handle in snow? Ty.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:31 AM

This is all I have. The tow hooks were easy. I hung them with bailing wire, sprayed them with my paint gun and clear coated them with my paint gun.

i like the magnetic skid plate. That looks awesome. Now Iím thinking about doing that to mine....
Old 12-26-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
Looks great. I notice empty brackets where lights go in bumper? Also, how does your Raptor handle in snow? Ty.
There's lights in there.
It goes great in the snow. I was doing a bunch of snow wheeling on my friend's property, but I had to quit. When all of the snow would melt off my undercarriage it would flood out my heated garage.

Last edited by NASSTY; 12-26-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:41 PM

There's lights in there.
It goes great in the snow. I was doing a bunch of snow wheeling on my friend's property, but I had to quit. When all of the snow would melt off my undercarriage it would flood out my heated garage.

ah, yes. Lights look good. You have a heated garage? Is it its own separate heating unit? Like one of those ceiling hanging units powered by propane? I was thinking about one but buddy of mine who is a builder and done a ton of work on my home said I donít really need it; that itís necessary when you have a living area above the garage and I donít. Theyíre still nice. He had one. It was a Modine. Kept his garage at 50.

Btw, love Maine. Was there few times this year.

Last edited by MDJAK; 12-26-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:02 PM

There's lights in there.

ĎQuestion on painting the skid plate: I know you can remove the skid plate to paint it, but what about the small section thatís part of the bumper thatís the same color? Did you just mask it off, then paint it while on the truck?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shadow Black Pics

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: