Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rattle Behind the Dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Rattle Behind the Dash

Does anybody else have a rattle (plastic vibration) that comes from behind the dash/speedometer area? It is driving me nuts, and I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would rather fix it myself than wasting my time taking it to the dealership. But that will be my last resort if I can't get 'er done!
Old 05-09-2017, 09:04 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by RedX
Does anybody else have a rattle (plastic vibration) that comes from behind the dash/speedometer area? It is driving me nuts, and I can't figure out what it is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would rather fix it myself than wasting my time taking it to the dealership. But that will be my last resort if I can't get 'er done!
No rattle here.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:15 PM

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

The past f150s had a connector in that area that was not always used. It would rattle at times for some. I had a 2012 and it would rattle in that area one in awhile. It sounded like plastic to plastic. Never looked at it though. Now my month old raptor has a noise from the supercab area, just pisses me off. Its not always there, just depends on the road.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by jtnuge
The past f150s had a connector in that area that was not always used. It would rattle at times for some. I had a 2012 and it would rattle in that area one in awhile. It sounded like plastic to plastic. Never looked at it though. Now my month old raptor has a noise from the supercab area, just pisses me off. Its not always there, just depends on the road.
That is my take too. I've looked under there and taped a couple things off, but no luck yet. It's hard to get my big head under there to see anything. Still trying...
Old 05-13-2017, 03:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fixed mine

Had the same issue
Found it would stop when I had all the windows closed
Turned out to be the moon roof inside cover