Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question from a non raptor owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Question from a non raptor owner

Are they worth it?

Anybody regret buying g one? Not from a financial aspect but maybe from a "I don't really need one" aspect.

Also, do you think there's any room to negotiate on the price or are they going for MSRP?

Also, I am looking at one. There's a sticking in the window that states "market adjustment $5000.00." And just like that it's an extra 5G's. What the heck is that?

Anyway. Don't hate on me. I'm like a lot of folks before they committed to a RAPTOR!!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:00 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Are they worth it?

Anybody regret buying g one? Not from a financial aspect but maybe from a "I don't really need one" aspect.

Also, do you think there's any room to negotiate on the price or are they going for MSRP?

Also, I am looking at one. There's a sticking in the window that states "market adjustment $5000.00." And just like that it's an extra 5G's. What the heck is that?

Anyway. Don't hate on me. I'm like a lot of folks before they committed to a RAPTOR!!
Every dinosaur mobile i have seen is either at MSRP or at a market adjustment price. My salesguy who took care of me for my past two trucks told me that he doesnt even have wiggle room....and he took almost 9k off my truck without even haggling (792 credit score helps). He even said that he can get me a better price on a new Boss or SHO, but cant do anything about a Raptor.

If there was negotiation room, would i drive one? Fa sho. But, sticker is just cray. Cray.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

$59 sticker and $64 with adjustment.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounds about right. Is it the ruby red special edition version?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just bought mine a few days ago for $500 under msrp. I looked around in Houston and this dealer didn't tack on any market adjustments so they got my business. I purchased a 2014 brand new. Sounds like the market adjustment is them jacking up msrp and I wouldn't look for that too away as they aren't making the. Next year so the new ones will be gone. I heard and from my research that's very common and if you get one at sticker its a good deal.

Last edited by Mcdonaho; 08-05-2014 at 11:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JohnnyC (08-06-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Unofficial Glass Guru

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Never buy a car from a dealer who does a market adjustment... There are plenty of good dealers out there who will sell at msrp
JohnnyC (08-06-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 07:44 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

I would pay sticker if that was the only option and if I searched high and low. I say that now that I own one. I know I wouldn't say that when I was looking. I've never paid MSRP in my life and was determined at that time to find a deal. But I ordered mine (not on a lot) back in November and had to wait 5 months. Back then I got $300 over invoice which includes fees, yes that is nearly $5k off. Thinking back, I would of taken a deal for $3k off and had it right away but lot ones for kind of deal was still hard to find back then.

I enjoy my raptor very much more so than any other vehicle I have ever owned. The only thing that is not practical as a daily driver is gas but I had a dodge that got about the same and it wasn't even fun to drive. I am used to paying over $100 for a fill up once a week since 2008 so it doesn't bother me anymore.

Since 2002 I've consistently replaced my trucks every 3 years. This raptor, unless the new one really kicks butt, I don't think I will get rid of this and would rather keep it and buy a second vehicle.

If you are into modding, a raptor is worse than having a boat. It is a major money pit (in a good way). You can easily put another $20k into it, actually easier than you think as I am approaching that myself. I have never ever done that to any previous truck.

So are they worth it. IMO, hell yes, every penny!
JohnnyC (08-06-2014)
Old 08-03-2014, 07:19 AM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

No one "needs" a Raptor, there's not much you can do to rationalize it or justify it, it has nothing to do with practicality or financial responsibility or gas mileage.

If you're fortunate enough to put one in the driveway, it's because you want one, not because you need one.

There's a lot of haters out there for what ever reason, I'm guessing most have never driven one, because if they had, the opinion might be a little different.

As far as "market adjustment", that's just another word for "cash grab" right into the dealership's profit margin, I've never paid one and never will, they can choke on it for all I care.

Incidentally, "market adjustment" is one reason I cancelled a GT500 order back in 2006 and ordered a GT instead. Ridiculous.
JohnnyC (08-06-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 12:43 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Personally i would never pay msrp no less a anything over, thats why i have been looking for used, may have a loaded low mileage 11 soon if the guy ever pick's up his 14?
JohnnyC (08-06-2014)
Old 08-04-2014, 10:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I didn't buy used bc it didn't make since payments almost the same new I was 2.89% vs used 4.99% and up depending on year in my case.
JohnnyC (08-06-2014)

Quick Reply: Question from a non raptor owner