Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered but no build date or VIN?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 11:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Ordered but no build date or VIN?

So I am getting pretty frustrated with my dealer and curious if others are in similar situation.

I get that this is a different type of frustration from the guys who have trucks built that had to go get something else done to them and still haven't shipped. This is more about waiting to get one built.

Curious how many people have placed orders Sept or sooner and still don't have a build date/VIN/Window Sticker. Do you know what your priority number is and dealers allocation?

My understanding is the order of builds is:
Priority Number
Dealer Allocation for production week
Order Content
Receipt Date

So when I was looking around for a dealer I did a couple calls/visits in September. One said I would have been 5th on their list and wanted $5k over MSRP and another said I would be 2nd and would do MSRP. I placed my order and gave a deposit towards MSRP.

After learning more from this forum I asked about priority number for my order and was told that it didn't have one but was in the order bank. When the first trucks started getting built they said the first truck was pulled and being built by mine hadn't yet. My truck was basically sitting in the "In order process" phase. It is still in this phase.

I just found out that the priority number for my truck is actually sitting at 19 from Ford Service.
I also just found out my truck was 2nd in the second allocation of trucks. They had 7 other trucks that went in the first allocation of trucks. So while being told I was the 2nd at this dealer, I was really the 9th (or they have been putting other orders, possibly $ over MSRP orders, in front of mine).

Thinking of cancelling my order and working with a different dealer, even if it causes a delay. At this point there is no way my truck is getting to me before Feb if not later than that. Just very frustrated with the whole situation and curious if others are in similar situation (without being mislead).
Old 12-19-2016, 05:09 AM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

How did you find out many builds went before yours? Ford Service?

I'd definitely look for a new dealer, leave your deposit with the old assuming it's refundable just in case your place in line gets called
Old 12-19-2016, 06:29 AM

Received 170 Likes on 90 Posts

Nov 10 order placed
Nov 17 Special Order/Priority 01/DORA with VIN
Dec 06 built
Dec 12 dropped @ dealer

Old 12-19-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has not been pulled either. Tell me about this first allocation and second allocation. Who told you this?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by 4js8wh
How did you find out many builds went before yours? Ford Service?

I got that from the dealer. I was looking at the Ford.com site and it was showing 5 or so Raptors on Ford's inventory site with some showing "Dealer Ordered" going to other dealers in the area. So at a minimum they have been pulled to get built with VIN, etc. I was asking why the other dealers in the area had more than theirs. That was when I got the story about first allocation second allocation, etc. It was counter to a e-mail I have from him saying my order was the second Raptor ordered at their dealership.
The following users liked this post:
Two Dogs (12-19-2016)
Old 12-19-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by C7Jake
Nov 10 order placed
Nov 17 Special Order/Priority 01/DORA with VIN
Dec 06 built
Dec 12 dropped @ dealer
It is funny... your build was one of the ones that got me started asking more questions. I also ordered a SCAB and dealer was basically trying to say that might be the reason my order wasn't pulled yet and that no SCABs had been delivered in Texas.

Two questions for you.... was that snow on the inside of your truck? Saw the pic with C7Jake written in snow on it... then some interior pics that looked like snow all on the inside.
How did you get a priority 1?
Old 12-19-2016, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Two Dogs
Mine has not been pulled either. Tell me about this first allocation and second allocation. Who told you this?

I got that from another member here...

Originally Posted by 4js8wh
The biggest variable is whether your order is on an actual original allocation or the "2nd wave" where dealers are still taking orders from customers, but Ford hasn't released any more slots to dealers beyond the original slots

4js8wh mentioned it in another thread... and then based on the latest revelations from my dealer, it made me realize I was put in the second wave.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:32 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

There is no second wave. All dealers were told how many allocations for raptors they got for 2017. So your dealer knows precisely how many they can get.

My dealer got 5. Mine was number 1, still sitting in Dearborn. Number 2 is in transit and number 3 builds in January.

There are dealers taking deposits lots of trucks more than their allocations. Hopefully you didn't get one of those.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:34 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

And my order went in a 10 on August 4. A couple weeks later, it changed to priority 01, which means pulled for scheduling. I had to drop carbon fiber to get scheduled. Built October 11.

Your dealer can't set priority less than 10.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
There is no second wave. All dealers were told how many allocations for raptors they got for 2017. So your dealer knows precisely how many they can get.

My dealer got 5. Mine was number 1, still sitting in Dearborn. Number 2 is in transit and number 3 builds in January.

There are dealers taking deposits lots of trucks more than their allocations. Hopefully you didn't get one of those.
Only Ford corporate knows the truth, but lots of dealers are holding out hope for more allocation as the year goes on - that's why they are entering orders beyond their original allocation in hopes of some getting pulled