Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions Wanted: TradeIn 2010 SCAB for 2014 SCREW?

Old 08-06-2014, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions Wanted: TradeIn 2010 SCAB for 2014 SCREW?

I am tempted to trade in my 2010 SCAB for a 2014 SCREW. The local dealer has several on the lot, no markup on price. Trade In value for the current Raptor is very good at ~$26k, but will try for more.

Knowing that these trucks are very tough, I'll probably get many more miles out of the current one. Plus I could use the extra cab space that comes with the new truck. But what other benefits might I be missing?

QUESTION: What would you do and why?

CURRENT
2010 SCAB
110,000 Miles
5.4L

NEW
2014 SCREW
0 Miles*
6.2L
Old 08-06-2014, 11:21 AM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Do it. Why, not my money, yours.
The 6.2 would be a good reason
Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

trade up
Old 08-06-2014, 05:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

trade up duh!
Old 08-06-2014, 05:52 PM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

No brainer, go for it.

I screwed up when I traded my '11 Supercab, and missed it so much I dealt the FX4 I got and ordered a '14 Raptor Supercrew while I still could. (long story in between)

The '14 is a case of gettin' while the gettin's good, for a number of reasons, and you'll never regret the Supercrew IMO.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:23 PM

Besides that, going from a 5.4 to the 6.2, drive it and you'll wonder why you waited so long. lol
Old 08-12-2014, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you to all who replied so far.

I decided to go for the new 2014 Raptor. Supplies around DFW were good when I started looking, then there were fewer, now it seems there are a more to choose from. So far, I will drop off the old Raptor tomorrow, and pickup the new one after their custom shop removes some old hardware (Lights, alarms, safes, cap, etc) and puts them into the new truck. I may also add a few more bits to the truck. So when I drive off the lot, I am good to go from the start.

For those that might be pondering the same trade-up or a new purchase, I wanted to add the following thoughts for you to consideration. In no particular order they are:

1) The cost. I found the equity in old Raptor was good despite the high mileage. Obviously you have to weigh this for yourself and of course convince the wife.
2) Engine Size. For some it's a no-brainer: Go for the 6.2. For others there's the MPG. In my case I haul a lot of gear, so weight in add-ons and cargo can be high (it's my work truck), so the extra power should help. Also, with more weight, the bigger engine should work less then the 5.4. I always choose the bigger motor if given an option. I suppose the true MPG is TBD. As it's work truck for me, and operational costs factor in a lot. But I still upgraded.
3) Bigger Cab. I really could benefit from the bigger cab. I am also tired of not being able to open both doors in a parking lot. Regarding residual value, the Supercrew cab, plus the motor, plus the updated electronics should add to this.
4) It's the last year for this generation of Raptors. This was not at the top of my list. It should hold its residual value and, if and when a newer Raptor or newer version of this comes out, I'll worry about it then. For now, the new truck has 18 miles on it and a long way to go.
6) Convincing the wife you need a new truck. This was surprisingly easy. I'll probably be paying for it in other ways. Once she sees it though, all should be forgiven, albeit temporarily.

So I say, go for it if you can while supplies last.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Congrats, wise choice.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:41 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

pics when you get it home, and congrats on the upgrade. I came from a SCab 5.0 to a SCrew 5.0. I don't really know why it took so long to get the bigger cab. It's a lot better for me.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by TXScout
4) It's the last year for this generation of Raptors.This was not at the top of my list. It should hold its residual value and, if and when a newer Raptor or newer version of this comes out, I'll worry about it then. For now, the new truck has 18 miles on it and a long way to go.
Congrats, I don't think you'll regret anything, a lot of your reason's were the same thoughts I had myself.

On point #4, I'll add this much - I didn't think about residual value, I was thinking I'm not really keen on the 2015 styling.

Who knows what the new generation Raptor will look like, but I'm pretty partial to how it looks right now, so it's going to be in my garage for a long time I think.

Post pics for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions Wanted: TradeIn 2010 SCAB for 2014 SCREW?