Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lifted raptor

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 03:20 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Lifted raptor

Has anyone here had a readylift 3.5" front & 1.75" rear lift/level on their raptor?
I want to lift mine but prefer not to permanently alter it like the fabtech 4" lift & what's a 1/2" gonna matter anyway.
I haven't found much info on it & trying to find out what size tires I would need to run & thinking either 36 or 37".

Last edited by Southeast Beast; 09-04-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:55 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Which year-group (Gen)?

both can be 'lifted' by adjusting the front coilovers but they do it differently. Gen1 has a clip that can be moved. Gen 2's have to purchase a collar that is adjustable. I'm pretty sure you are limited to ~1.5" on both. You 'can' get about 3" on Gen1s but you start running into axle binding issues on top perch.

Gen1s can't run 37s without doing something about the pinch welds on the firewall. Gen2s can run 37s with just the adjustable collars.

In the rear I'd ditch the block and get a set of Deaver +1 springs.

If you are going to spend the money on a Raptor - don't cheap out on suspension stuff.
The following users liked this post:
JpEufracio (05-26-2020)
Old 09-04-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
Which year-group (Gen)?

both can be 'lifted' by adjusting the front coilovers but they do it differently. Gen1 has a clip that can be moved. Gen 2's have to purchase a collar that is adjustable. I'm pretty sure you are limited to ~1.5" on both. You 'can' get about 3" on Gen1s but you start running into axle binding issues on top perch.

Gen1s can't run 37s without doing something about the pinch welds on the firewall. Gen2s can run 37s with just the adjustable collars.

In the rear I'd ditch the block and get a set of Deaver +1 springs.

If you are going to spend the money on a Raptor - don't cheap out on suspension stuff.
I agree & thank you
Blumentalist (07-17-2020)
Old 09-07-2018, 09:15 AM

Well I contacted readylift & it seems they do NOT produce a 3.5" lift for the raptor & that southern car parts had mislabeled it as such.
I really want to lift my raptor but don't want to screw up the factory dynamics or hack anything that would render it irreversible(ruling out the fabtech 4" lift).
I decided to go with the readylift sst 2.5" front & 1.5" rear lift that in was able to acquire for $319.
I know it isn't much,but every little inch counts(I know,that's what she said lol) & I want my raptor to stand out from any plain vanilla factory raptor in several minor ways that any true enthusiast would surely spot.
Also noteworthy is that having extra clearance for bigger tires never hurts.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 186 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Southeast Beast
Well I contacted readylift & it seems they do NOT produce a 3.5" lift for the raptor & that southern car parts had mislabeled it as such.
I really want to lift my raptor but don't want to screw up the factory dynamics or hack anything that would render it irreversible(ruling out the fabtech 4" lift).
I decided to go with the readylift sst 2.5" front & 1.5" rear lift that in was able to acquire for $319.
I know it isn't much,but every little inch counts(I know,that's what she said lol) & I want my raptor to stand out from any plain vanilla factory raptor in several minor ways that any true enthusiast would surely spot.
Also noteworthy is that having extra clearance for bigger tires never hurts.
Not sure if you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 but I wouldn't have gone that route.

Never put a spacer on top of the Coilover. You will damage them!

Like mentioned above, there are a few options to get your truck to that ride height without sacrificing the performance.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Baja Kits
Not sure if you have a Gen 1 or Gen 2 but I wouldn't have gone that route.

Never put a spacer on top of the Coilover. You will damage them!

Like mentioned above, there are a few options to get your truck to that ride height without sacrificing the performance.
having it installed tomorrow.
I have had readylift sst lifts on 2 superduties & turned out great.
It's nothing drastic but I can use all the ground clearance I can get here in the hill country,not gonna travel across the desert at highway speeds & wanted something that wasn't permanent.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:55 PM

Right after install,will probably settle some.
blairian (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 03:45 PM
F-150 Fanatic

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Southeast Beast

Right after install,will probably settle some.
That's one beautiful ride! Enjoy it!

Old 05-25-2020, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man im thinking of doing this exact setup to my 2018 raptor. Hows it been holding up? still got a similar ride quality? still happy with it? thanks in advance for any info on this!!
Old 05-26-2020, 06:37 PM

Received 262 Likes on 126 Posts

Curious as well, spacers are never good ideas but if it worked for homeboy that’s good. I mayyyyy get a raptor soon and def would like to have it leveled out but still perform.

Quick Reply: Lifted raptor