Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Green Gem

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Green Gem

(Pre-emptive statement: Yes... I used the forum search with multiple attempts and different wordings as well as google search and a bunch of other stuff.)

I was at the dealer the other day and saw an F150 Lariat that I initially thought was black. But, after getting closer to the truck on my walk into the showroom the color turned to this dark irridescent green color! Most beautiful automotive color I've ever seen.

Anyways, I'm fixin to order my Raptor once I get the RAV issues settled with FoMoCo on my lemon law FX4. (Long Story) Of course I was told at the dealer that this is not a Raptor color which I already knew from Build and Price.

My question is (and I think I already know the answer) Can I pay a fee and special order it with the Green Gem M7296 color code? I mean it's an F150 color applied at Dearborn. How hard could it be?

Please don't bash me if this question seems stupid or trite or common knowledge to you. I'm just trying to find out if I need to put a permanent nail in this coffin as I have never seen an automotive color that I actually liked this much before in my entire life so I would be willing to go after it if it is at all possible.

Thanks in advance, Ben
Old 05-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Received 125 Likes on 114 Posts

cant get green gem on raptor
Old 05-09-2013, 09:49 AM

That's what I thought.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 PM

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by flamehead16
cant get green gem on raptor
green gem is only available on Lariat. cant get it on FX$, Raptor, King Ranch or Platinum... makes no sense why but thats FORD
Old 05-09-2013, 04:11 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGDAWG78
green gem is only available on Lariat. cant get it on FX$, Raptor, King Ranch or Platinum... makes no sense why but thats FORD
Green Gem is also available on XL and XLT. Just checked Ford's site.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Nope.. sucks that they limit the colors so much on a truck that costs that much..

I wanted Molten Orange, but it was discontinued in 2011.. then I wanted that dark gray color.. not available.

Only colors you can get on a 2013 Raptor are Red, Silver, White, Black, Blue, and Terrain. In 2014 they're adding a special edition Ruby Red.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Call Jay Leno.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sitedrifter
Call Jay Leno.
Why? Would he tell them to paint a Raptor Green Gem for a lowly redneck from Cleveland, Tennessee? I mean... if they'd listen to him, and you have Jay's phone number, I'll call him and tell him to pass on the message to Ford to paint my dam Raptor GREEN GEM!!!

I called Ford's marketing department and expressed my dissatisfaction and left a suggestion on FordSocial.com that they let the customer choose the color they want from the ones they have available at the plant they are assembled at. But, I ain't gonna hold my breath. The days of getting what YOU want from any automotive company are long gone!
You get what they tell you you can get. We're right back to Henry Ford's original philosophy: "You can get any color you want as long as it's black."
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pay your dealer's body shop to paint it that green you want. They should have no problem getting that paint if it means that much to you.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 AM

Yeah... It'd cost too much. I'm ok with black.

Quick Reply: Green Gem