Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen 2 Kleinn Direct Fit Train Horn Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen 2 Kleinn Direct Fit Train Horn Kit

I was selected as a pre-tester, received and installed my kit this week and thought I'd share some pics and comments on the install. I went with the upgraded Demon 730 horns along with the upgraded Ultra Blast Master valves (1 valve per horn rather than 1 valve for all 3 horns). They are, in a word, LOUD. I am extremely satisfied... This is easily the best, most fun mod I've ever done. I'm punishing idiots on the road daily and it makes my commute a joy.
Install took me about 14 hours. It sounds worse than it is, there is a lot of hardware. While nothing is terribly difficult, to do it correctly is simply just labor intensive. Install can be done with one person without issue. The instructions are clear, but it definitely takes reading and re-reading and absolutely knowing which fasteners are which as many are close in size. Instructions are 43 pages, there are a lot of steps. I chose to wire my system differently than what Kleinn depicts. I used upfitter AUX 4 as an arm/disarm switch for the system. Turning AUX 4 on provides power to the compressor and to the horn button. This was I can disarm the system when I want, so even if there is air in the tank, if AUX 4 is off, the horns cannot be activated. I did this for several reasons but mostly because if the air system took damage on the trail or road, the compressor would run endlessly until it thermaled out or i pulled the fuse. I'll include my wiring diagram as well.

All components laid out.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:46 PM

Compressor Bracket on passenger side frame rail.

Tank Bracket behind compressor bracket

Compressor

Tank installed
saved for future images.

Last edited by Steve Brightman; 03-23-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:47 PM

Remote Air Chuck

Horns mounted on driver's side frame rail

Using the grabber tool to install the frame rail bolts. I ended up not using that green wire- it wasn't necessary.

This was a necessity in my opinion.
another page for image upload

Last edited by Steve Brightman; 03-23-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:56 PM

Comp fitting example before tightening nut. Use a heat gun to warm up the plastic for easier install.

Ultra Blast Master upgrade requires larger air lines and a valve at each horn.

Included Relay and wiring with fuse.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Kleinn wiring.pdf (449.6 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

I can only say that I am grateful there are very very few people that are so much better than the rest of us that they get their jolly's by "punishing idiots".

Beware the power of Karma, it's coming.
The following 2 users liked this post by idrive:
blkZ28spt (05-21-2019), Delz (03-28-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 03:48 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive
I can only say that I am grateful there are very very few people that are so much better than the rest of us that they get their jolly's by "punishing idiots".

I personally don't have any issues with this setup, too many brain dead people driving around, if this wakes them up, great...

As far as karma, there is no such thing, but we do reap what we sow, passing judgement will net you "reaping what you sow" too.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by idrive

#VirtueSignaling
Old 04-15-2019, 12:15 PM

I was also selected for the pretest group for the Kleinn 730 train horns. except I opted to not spring for the upgraded blaster valves like the Original poster did. I have to agree with everything Steve said! I love these things. and even without the valve upgrade they are unnecessarily loud. Like blow your ears out loud. completely impractical but I wouldn't have it any other way!

My favorite part tho, and true reason for signing up in the first place is that the compressor and air tank are top notch on this kit. The fitment is perfectly tucked away between the frame rail and the body of the truck, out of sight, out of mind. Great for offroading because you can air up again after you are done for the day without forgetting to bring along your compressor or air tank. I do plan to build my own guards tho as I believe rocks and mud might still reach the compressor.

Kleinn made a top notch kit in my opinion. Sorry no videos because cell phone videos don't do these things justice. You really have to hear them in person to appreciate the sound.

Old 12-23-2021, 04:04 AM

Default Question!!!

I’m in the middle of my install with this kit. Where did you guys put your horn button. I’m considering AUX1 but I don’t want to accidentally hit other switches when trying to fire off the horns.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Brightman

Comp fitting example before tightening nut. Use a heat gun to warm up the plastic for easier install.

Ultra Blast Master upgrade requires larger air lines and a valve at each horn.

Included Relay and wiring with fuse.
Where did you put your button?

Quick Reply: Gen 2 Kleinn Direct Fit Train Horn Kit