Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.

Front License Plate Mounting Option?

Old 02-22-2019, 09:16 PM

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Front License Plate Mounting Option?

On my other car I didn’t want to drill into front bumper so have what’s called a tow hook license plate mount. It’s a large screw type that goes into a female receiver to which the tow hook would go if needed and it holds the front plate.

I want to get the small Baja Design light bar for the small grill area middle front bumper. In NY we must have a front plate. Are there any well made options for mounting it in the Raptor off to the side of front bumper?

ty
Old 02-23-2019, 06:33 AM

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Several people on FordRaptorForum.com use the Sto n Sho bracket. Some have mounted it on the passenger side and some on the driver side. I didn't like how low the plate mounts with the Sto n Sho bracket so I just drilled a couple holes in my d/s bumper pad. I also bought a new lower grill/bumper pad assembly so I could have a mint one on hand with no holes in it incase I ever need it. The 1st pic shows the Sto n Sho, the 2nd pic is my setup.

The following users liked this post:
MDJAK (02-23-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 06:42 AM

Thank you. While the sto n sho is rather low, unless I was off road, which unfortunately is as rare as spotting a saber tooth, it will be fine. I do like the way you have it also, but wonder if that would block a 10” light bar at all behind that mini grill?
Old 02-23-2019, 09:17 AM

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
Thank you. While the sto n sho is rather low, unless I was off road, which unfortunately is as rare as spotting a saber tooth, it will be fine. I do like the way you have it also, but wonder if that would block a 10” light bar at all behind that mini grill?
The lower grill is about 19.5" wide.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:51 PM

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Swarfworks makes a tow hook plate mount.
Old 02-26-2019, 08:49 PM

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by NASSTY View Post
Several people on FordRaptorForum.com use the Sto n Sho bracket. Some have mounted it on the passenger side and some on the driver side. I didn't like how low the plate mounts with the Sto n Sho bracket so I just drilled a couple holes in my d/s bumper pad. I also bought a new lower grill/bumper pad assembly so I could have a mint one on hand with no holes in it incase I ever need it. The 1st pic shows the Sto n Sho, the 2nd pic is my setup.

That is one orange grill!
Old 02-26-2019, 10:17 PM

Got the sto n sho in mail today, but wish I had seen that Swarfworks before placing the order. But I’ll make it work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front License Plate Mounting Option?

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: