Ford factory warranty New Raptor - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.

Ford factory warranty New Raptor

Old 01-12-2019, 11:19 AM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Ford factory warranty New Raptor

Hi. I just purchased a 2019 ford raptor ruby red metallic. Naturally being brand new, it comes with fords 3 year/ 36,000 miles factory warranty. The question I have is in regards to the 3 year/36,000 mile warranty, does this warranty cover the raptor bumper to bumper 100 percent for the first 3 years or 36,000 miles ? I have been told that the coverage decreases a little bit each year, meaning the first year you are covered 100 percent, second year 60 percent, and the third year even less. I do about 14,000 miles per year, so my coverage would last about 2 1/2 years, so at purchase I bought another bumper to bumper warranty that would cover me 100 percent to 80,000 miles or approximately 6 years or just under being told that by purchasing the coverage at time of buying the vehicle brand new the extended coverage would be a lot cheaper and better coverage as opposed to waiting until my factory warranty was about to expire.

I WAS just wondering if anybody else has dealt with this and if you purchase your extended warranties when you buy your new vehicle or you wait until the factory warranty is about to expire ?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
ME120 is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 AM
  #2  
ford dealer parts guy
iTrader: (1)
 
djfllmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,196
Thanked 746 Times in 615 Posts
Default

the bumper to bumper doesn't change if you have 1 mile or 35,999
djfllmn is online now  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:38 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Ricktwuhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 9,707
Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default

"I've been told"

Your manual will tell you the facts. No, it does not decrease (see exceptions). You were either lied to or mislead, or told by a person that doesn't know the correct answer.

Exceptions - tires are prorated if you have a defect. Wiper blades are replaced only in the first 6 months. Wheel alignments and tire balancing is only in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles. Brake pad/lining replacements are int the first 12 months or 18,000 miles (note - this is from my 2013 manual, check your 2019 manual for any differences).

You were mislead by your dealership on the extended warranty also. Assuming you bought a Ford extended warranty and not a 3rd party extended warranty, the cost difference between buying it during the first 12 months and after that is a whole $100.

In addition, there are several dealers, Flood and Ziegler, who sell Ford factory warranties way cheaper than what your dealer just got you for. Good news, you can go and get a 100% refund from your dealer and rebuy if you consider it essential.

When you spend $60,000 or more on a vehicle, it's a great idea to actually read the manual with the facts and how to operate it.
Ricktwuhk is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricktwuhk For This Useful Post:
BCMIF150 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:49 PM
  #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk View Post
"I've been told"

Your manual will tell you the facts. No, it does not decrease (see exceptions). You were either lied to or mislead, or told by a person that doesn't know the correct answer.

Exceptions - tires are prorated if you have a defect. Wiper blades are replaced only in the first 6 months. Wheel alignments and tire balancing is only in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles. Brake pad/lining replacements are int the first 12 months or 18,000 miles (note - this is from my 2013 manual, check your 2019 manual for any differences).

You were mislead by your dealership on the extended warranty also. Assuming you bought a Ford extended warranty and not a 3rd party extended warranty, the cost difference between buying it during the first 12 months and after that is a whole $100.

In addition, there are several dealers, Flood and Ziegler, who sell Ford factory warranties way cheaper than what your dealer just got you for. Good news, you can go and get a 100% refund from your dealer and rebuy if you consider it essential.

When you spend $60,000 or more on a vehicle, it's a great idea to actually read the manual with the facts and how to operate it.
thank you very much.

got it refunded today.
ME120 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to ME120 For This Useful Post:
Ricktwuhk (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 09:56 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
MDJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 197
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Default

I've posted this in other forums so it bears mentioning here. First and foremost, I have zero connection or financial interest. My only connection is being a policyholder for over 30 years with Geico.

I'm not in any way saying they are the best insurance company, nor are they the cheapest, not by a long shot. Don't believe those fancy ads that a 15 minute call will save you 15 percent. In fact, they are probably one of the more expensive companies.

So why have I remained with them so long? Partly foolish and lazy to change.

The main reason is for the past 20 years or so they've offered MBI as part of their comprehensive policy. MBI stands for Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. It is literally pennies a day and it covers any breakdown repair with a $250 deductible per incident. Your premiums do not increase if you use it like they do in event of accident. I've used it over the years more times than I can count. Here's a brief not nearly all inclusive rundown.

1. Transmission replaced on Mazda3
2. AC compressor replaced on Dodge van.
3. Nav system hard drive replaced on Acura MDX.
4. Driveshaft replaced on VW Touareg.
5. Leaking adjustable shocks replaced on Acura MDX.

I could go on and plumb the depths of my memory. All of the above repairs would have cost me thousands. The tranny replacement on the Mazda was over 4 grand.

In the beginning of MBI it was for the life of the car. (It's for new not used cars). After a number of years they capped it at 7 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first.

I find it to be incredibly valuable coverage. I think now State Farm, or perhaps another company have finally started to offer it.

That's why I will never nor have ever bought a dealer offered extended warranty. The small print in those will try not only your eyes but your patience.
MDJAK is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:15 AM
  #6  
Super Duper Senior Member
 
tuflehundon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,073
Thanked 126 Times in 114 Posts
Default

My truck is a different year, but I bought an extended warranty with mine when I bought it used. Trucks may be different, but the warranty is the same.

Bought the truck with 86K miles and paid for a 4 year / 48K mile warranty. Warranty ran out at 130,547 miles to be exact. I had drive shaft clunk and an issue with my drivers rear door latch. Dealership fixed both under warranty when I had 133,975 miles on the truck.

If you have 1 mile left on your warranty, it's still in effect.
tuflehundon is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:47 AM
  #7  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MDJAK View Post
I've posted this in other forums so it bears mentioning here. First and foremost, I have zero connection or financial interest. My only connection is being a policyholder for over 30 years with Geico.

I'm not in any way saying they are the best insurance company, nor are they the cheapest, not by a long shot. Don't believe those fancy ads that a 15 minute call will save you 15 percent. In fact, they are probably one of the more expensive companies.

So why have I remained with them so long? Partly foolish and lazy to change.

The main reason is for the past 20 years or so they've offered MBI as part of their comprehensive policy. MBI stands for Mechanical Breakdown Insurance. It is literally pennies a day and it covers any breakdown repair with a $250 deductible per incident. Your premiums do not increase if you use it like they do in event of accident. I've used it over the years more times than I can count. Here's a brief not nearly all inclusive rundown.

1. Transmission replaced on Mazda3
2. AC compressor replaced on Dodge van.
3. Nav system hard drive replaced on Acura MDX.
4. Driveshaft replaced on VW Touareg.
5. Leaking adjustable shocks replaced on Acura MDX.

I could go on and plumb the depths of my memory. All of the above repairs would have cost me thousands. The tranny replacement on the Mazda was over 4 grand.

In the beginning of MBI it was for the life of the car. (It's for new not used cars). After a number of years they capped it at 7 years or 100k miles, whichever comes first.

I find it to be incredibly valuable coverage. I think now State Farm, or perhaps another company have finally started to offer it.

That's why I will never nor have ever bought a dealer offered extended warranty. The small print in those will try not only your eyes but your patience.
Thank you for the reply.

Do you purchase extended warranties that go beyond the factory warranty when you purchase a new vehicle that has a full 3 year/36,000 mile warranty ?
ME120 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:55 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Ricktwuhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 9,707
Thanked 2,912 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ME120 View Post
Thank you for the reply.

Do you purchase extended warranties that go beyond the factory warranty when you purchase a new vehicle that has a full 3 year/36,000 mile warranty ?
He stated, very clearly, in his post: "That's why I will never nor have ever bought a dealer offered extended warranty."
Ricktwuhk is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:58 AM
  #9  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 81
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk View Post
He stated, very clearly, in his post: "That's why I will never nor have ever bought a dealer offered extended warranty."
I read that. But I was just asking him if he bought the geico policy right when he bought the NEW vehicle or at the end of the factory warranty.
ME120 is offline  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:54 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
MDJAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NY
Posts: 197
Thanked 32 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ME120 View Post
I read that. But I was just asking him if he bought the geico policy right when he bought the NEW vehicle or at the end of the factory warranty.
you can wait before getting the MBI from Geico but Iím not sure if you can wait till factory warranty is about to expire.

Because MBI is so inexpensive Iíve never bothered to find out but I donít fault anyone who does.
MDJAK is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford factory warranty New Raptor


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: