Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Don't hate me...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't hate me...

Stupid question time. dum dum dum...

I went to the dealer today to try out the different engines to finalize my purchasing decision after far too much time researching; 3.5 eco, 5.0 V8 and 6.2.
Well, as you can imagine the dealer ruined it by letting me test drive the Raptor FIRST.
Drove them all, the 3.5 and 5.0 on 3.73 axles, decisions over, I am sold. I was thinking 3.5 eco FX4 with 4.10 axle but for my needs, scratch wants, it's all Raptor now.
So the stupid question.
With the 6+ inches extra from the F150, any major issues in multi story parking lots.
I park my F150 in a multi story daily and its a little tight with the mirrors, first few times I parked, but habitual speed through at this point. Has anyone had any problems get the fat bugger into or out of municipal parking lots?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never had a problem with parking garages in mine but my Raptor is also not leveled, but all garages are different. I would check out the height in the garages where you are parking and measure to the top of your Raptor. Just keep in mind that the heights stated in the garages are flat ground heights not entering/exiting heights so if you lave low ceilings and steep ramps in your garage it essentially reduces those stated heights by a few inches. IMO a Raptor is worth finding a new parking spot lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have not had an issue with height "yet" with parking garages...However....They measure the height for the most part from the deck to the top of the structure. They never go back and take into consideration signs they add...lights, sprinklers, etc... so be careful when you enter anything that is listed at 7' or less. But it's not the height that usually is the issue...It's the width that is the problem.

I agree with John D. (by the way....You took my name!!!) park away from the other cars
Old 12-04-2011, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually was more worried about the width than the height.
Will see what other parking spots are available to keep the decision simple.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The garages in my neck of the woods have a "full size" area/level if you ask about it.

Quick Reply: Don't hate me...