Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody make the switch from a HD Diesel to the Raptor?

Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody make the switch from a HD Diesel to the Raptor?

Hi everybody, I'm new on this site doing a little research. I currently drive a Doge Mega Cab, of course with a Cummins. I am strongly considering make the jump to a Raptor, or maybe even a Platinum. I have had Cummins diesels for my last 3 trucks and love them, however I am tired of paying over $1.00 more per gallon for diesel. I never really tow over 7000lbs., I just like big trucks, and the power of a tuned diesel.
My question is, has anybody made the switch? Do you regret switching to a gasser?
Old 12-18-2011, 09:46 PM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

i had a 2001 Cummins before i got my 150. I miss it every time i hear a 5.9L drive by...but for real, its to each his own with your question. I would get rid of this truck for another 24V in a heartbeat...I got much better gas mileage, more power all around, better reliability, and a truck that would easily last 3 times as long as an F150. personally, I'd keep the diesel. This is all coming from someone who used the towing and power of the diesel more than most do..but if your looking for something different and a more practical vehicle for your type of driving, then by all means get a F150.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thewrubelator
i had a 2001 Cummins before i got my 150. I miss it every time i hear a 5.9L drive by...but for real, its to each his own with your question. I would get rid of this truck for another 24V in a heartbeat...I got much better gas mileage, more power all around, better reliability, and a truck that would easily last 3 times as long as an F150. personally, I'd keep the diesel. This is all coming from someone who used the towing and power of the diesel more than most do..but if your looking for something different and a more practical vehicle for your type of driving, then by all means get a F150.
Can you really compare a gasoline to a diesel? Kind of apples to oranges buddy.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:40 AM

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Touche
Old 12-19-2011, 03:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You must be talking about another truck. A DODGE last three times longer than a FORD. Maybe you mean just the cummings engine which is owned by FORD. Its kind of hard to drive an engine around when the rest of your truck is broken.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anybody make the switch from a HD Diesel to the Raptor?