Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd oil Change today. Doing Happy Dance

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 07:10 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 2nd oil Change today. Doing Happy Dance

Not sure why, but I believe many of us think alike in certain ways. People who can afford a Raptor and appreciate special vehicles, may also own or have owned other expensive vehicles.

I most recently owned 3 Porsche SUVs and loved them. This is my first truck. And I love it.

What I didn't like about Porsche is the way they totally rip you off for service. Granted, they give you a nice expensive loaner which is worth something.

But today's "works" package included oil change and tire rotation for $57.

Every oil change I did at Porsche was $450, and the price was the same at every dealer I called in the tristate area. Absolutely ridiculous and a complete ripoff.

I certainly ain't looking back.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain. I live in Stamford, CT and have a Cayenne Turbo. Dealer is nuts trying to charge $400-450 for an oil change... so now I use an indy and he charges me $175.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 897 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by grkmec
I feel your pain. I live in Stamford, CT and have a Cayenne Turbo. Dealer is nuts trying to charge $400-450 for an oil change... so now I use an indy and he charges me $175.
What is it like 150 gallons of oil? Or are the OEM filters ridiculously expensive? I do my oil changes(6 qts) with full synthetic and a top tier filter for less than $20. I'm sure the Porsches require German castrol or something thats a bit more expensive, but $450?
Old 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by mass-hole
What is it like 150 gallons of oil? Or are the OEM filters ridiculously expensive? I do my oil changes(6 qts) with full synthetic and a top tier filter for less than $20. I'm sure the Porsches require German castrol or something thats a bit more expensive, but $450?
it's called the 'brand upcharge'. This is why I love having this Ford. My lord parts are cheap compared to foreign cars.

They probably use a German blend Castrol...but still. $50 in materials (tops), and $400 for the dealer to split a small portion to the service tech and the rest in their massive overhead.