Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011-2014 Raptor climate question

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011-2014 Raptor climate question

Ive been looking around at Raptors for quite awhile (while also looking into my wallet to try and find some money for one), but a few questions have come to mind. If I were to purchase one in the next year or so, I'd like to get the older generation of raptors, and was curious about how well they handle cold climates. It's a salt state which also has me worried as I don't know how well they withstand to rusting. If someone could give me some answers, I would appreciate it!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It wont be better or worse than anything else for rusting. I grew up in MN, a serious salt state. I left as soon as I could for a non salt state. Of course that has backfired some now that CO is using magnesium chloride on the roads, which is more or less, salt.

The Raptor is mostly an F150. I do not see any reason it wouldn't perform well in cold climates, or I would not have bought one myself. I is 8 degrees F outside my window right now. Cant wait to warm up the Raptor and drive it up the mountain to work.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:31 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Yeah, ^^^ what he said.

The only 'issue' that I'm aware of is ALL SCREWs of that Gen (not just Raptors) rusting in the back corners because of that stupid 3rd brake light. A drainage issue maybe?

I live near DC so we have sand & salt. I'm religious about hitting the quarter spray wash and getting the salt off as often as possible. So far no issues.

Also, keep an eye on the holes in the rockers under the cab. They seal them with tape but the tape comes off.

Quick Reply: 2011-2014 Raptor climate question