Topic Sponsor

engine miss and flooding

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question engine miss and flooding

have a 91 f150 converted to mass air has 5.0 firing order 91 mustang ecm for manual trans,powerdyne supercharger and 50 hp shot nitrious . 3 wks ago i got the bright idea to remove my msd6 and replace it with an accel 300+ ignition amplifier. while at it i also installed accel 300 ignition plug wires. since i have edelbrock alum heads i installed champion rc9yc plugs per the tech at edelbrock.everything worked great for about a week then one afternoon i try to start it and turns over but no spark. i promptly prove the trbl n the accel 300+ remove it and connect the coil back to factory connections. starts right up but now i got one cylinder misfiring. try another coil same thing coils good cylinder still misfires. finally prove trbl n dist cap but now #2 fuel injector doesn't work #2 is dry so replace injector. after all this now i got a low rpm miss if i hit the accelerater hard it pops and backfires i reset the timing to 12 degrees and then back to 10 no change. on top of that #8 cyl floods out and then i have to pull the plug dry it of raw fuel . fuel pressure set at 42lbs tps at .98v. one person says its plugs to cold another says fuel pressure regulator bad or another injector. 1st question, did something in the accel 300 amplifier feed back somehow and create these problems and 2nd whats going on now with the low rpm miss under load and the cylinder being flooded with fuel. can someone please help. just a little help if rpms are above 2500 and i hit the gas no popping or backfiring occurs could something in the ecm be a problem?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what codes did the processor (ecm) show? sounds like a fryed processor. nothing else would make one cylinder fat and others lean unless the injector is stuck open. I have never heard of that happening. If the processor showes several codes after it is cleared and run again I would lean toward a bad processor.keep me posted, hope that helps. Just thought of something. unplug the vacum line to the fuel pressure regulator. If the diaphragm is busted it may be sucking fuel into the intake.

Last edited by bassett81f150; 01-04-2007 at 01:08 AM. Reason: new thought

Quick Reply: engine miss and flooding