Topic Sponsor

Need help troubleshooting the issue cant figure it out please help with advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help troubleshooting the issue cant figure it out please help with advice

i have a 95 ford f150 4.9l, and im having trouble with it. ok so heres the deal,
it takes about 2 or 3 trys to start it, when i do it bucks a little its a 5 speed. itl hesitate on the gas when i really give it gas on the highway. it runs just fine until it starts warming up, if its hot outside it runs rough after a while of runnin it, only when its real hot out. it has a rough idle when im at a stop light and it takes it a minute to get it up and going again. makes a loud vibrating noise until i drive it for a couple miles. if i stop and shut it off, and try to start it back up i have to keep pressing the gas pedal. sounds like its choking out, but after it cools diwn it starts and runs. can somebody help me trouble shoot this issue?
Old 04-21-2019, 07:12 AM

Received 127 Likes on 109 Posts

Have you checked for codes? If not , have it checked at one of the parts stores,that do it for free.
I would start with a general tune-up.
sparkplugs, wires, etc, check color of each plug as pulled.
what is the fuel pressure?

Quick Reply: Need help troubleshooting the issue cant figure it out please help with advice