Topic Sponsor

just replaced injectors now motor wont start?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question just replaced injectors now motor wont start?

my wife has a 2006 f-150 with a V6. I had just finished replacing the Injectors, now when I turn the key the starter bumps over once then stops and all power drops out on the gauge cluster when I release the key from the start position the power comes back, if I try the key again the same thing happens again. I only removed the plastic housing attached to the intake removed spark plug wires a few hoses at the rear and side, a few electric plugs, to get to the injectors really no than that did not have to come off only what I needed to to get to the injector rail then removal of the injectors then put everything back on. has any one seen this problem? the help would be appreciated thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 01:44 PM
jim

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

my first thought is fuel pump needs to be reset. second thought is injectors are air locked, is there a Schrader valve on injector bar? see if it has pressure, use a towel and push valve down with a small nail or something round with flat end. if it has no gas hold down and have someone crank it until gas comes out. it happened to my boat engine when I changed the fuel filter and didn't fill it with gas first. if there's no pressure and no gas it could be the fuel pump control, they rot out over time and then out of the blue you're stranded. over rear crossbar by spare tire, easier if tire is removed but still a pain in the butt.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:14 PM

how do I reset the fuel pump?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 AM
jim

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i think it's by the inside fuse panel, past it a little big red button. mine for my 2007 sport trac was on passenger side kick panel towards front, a cutout with switch just behind it. you can look in the forum too... fuel shut off switch location
Old 09-11-2016, 10:20 AM

no good, this is a 2006 model the fuse panel has nothing but sound deading material from the floor board going up the side to the left of the fuse panel, when I peel back the plastic panel closest the door theirs wires going in to the fuse block and nothing above the fuse panel?? when I turn the key vehicle looses all power in the guage cluster starter motor failes to bump the engine over "nothan happons" when I let the key from the start position the speed gauge twitters near the zero up, down,up,down several times like it did when it needed a new battery some time ago. I cheked the battery connectors. the vehicle started just fine before I replaced fuel injectors. I can not find any discernible place that the fuel on the fuel rail could vent from except something that looked like a round flat disk on a inch long shaft looks like a kitchen drour pull out ****. any ideas? I'm out of them...
Old 01-21-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill_Army_MecOnic
my wife has a 2006 f-150 with a V6. I had just finished replacing the Injectors, now when I turn the key the starter bumps over once then stops and all power drops out on the gauge cluster when I release the key from the start position the power comes back, if I try the key again the same thing happens again. I only removed the plastic housing attached to the intake removed spark plug wires a few hoses at the rear and side, a few electric plugs, to get to the injectors really no than that did not have to come off only what I needed to to get to the injector rail then removal of the injectors then put everything back on. has any one seen this problem? the help would be appreciated thanks
Sounds like either a dead battery, or the ground wire is disconnected or loose.
Old 06-27-2023, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RbnFl
Sounds like either a dead battery, or the ground wire is disconnected or loose.
Originally Posted by Bill_Army_MecOnic
having same problem with my 2001f150 5.4 wondering if you found problem
The following users liked this post:
CrucesPropertyPreser (01-23-2024)

Quick Reply: just replaced injectors now motor wont start?