Topic Sponsor

4.9L and transmission combos:

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.9L and transmission combos:

Evening gentlemen,
For you folks out there that like to play with things that mix and match, looking for that "just right" combination, I've got a question for ya'll. I currently have a 93 f150 with a 4.9L paired with an E40od transmission. Both have treated me well, and I have yet to have an issue. With regular maintenance and care most things work correctly, right haha? Has anyone out there paired up another transmission other than the E40 with a these 4.9L's? The 4.9 has proven it self over and over, not so much in the E40 division. I figured any attempts or theories would be interesting to get others perspectives/successes. Write up your thoughts, I'm interested to see what others might have cooked up.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello, yes i just took out an A O D trans and installed a c-4 but now i don't get good mileage that i did with the O D but i wanted the c-4 for racing and some street driving, it's a T C I street fighter trans, and remember that any trans that you install other than your e40OD you will have to get another block plate, flex plate, torque convertor, and maybe a bell housing then the drive shaft will have to be cut or make one longer,, just a few thing's to think about,,,,,,,,keith

Quick Reply: 4.9L and transmission combos: