Topic Sponsor

2016 3.7 screw 4x4 front hub issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 3.7 screw 4x4 front hub issues

Hi guys,
Ive read a few threads here regarding the front hub actuator issues some are having on their F150’s and have some questions. My last truck was a 2012 4x4 platinum screw with the 3.7 and it almost made me never want to buy a Ford again. The front hub actuator would intermittently malfunction and allow the front hub on the driver side to partially engage while the vehicle was in motion. The verhicle would rattle hard and shimmy when the issue occured but didn’t happen all the time. I brought it in for service well over a dozen times for this problem to diagnose an intermittent problem and then replace the necessary parts. They had to replace axles, actuators, hubs, multiple times because it kept happening.

Anyway, I was persuaded to trade in my 2012 for a new 2016 f150 because the incentives were fantastic and I thought maybe I just had a bad luck vehicle. My new truck now has 11k miles and this morning the same €%#*¥! problem happened again with the front left front hub engaging out of nowhere. Who else is experiencing this issue? When I bring the truck to the dealer they never manage to replicate the problem because it occurs so intermittently. I don’t know what to do but the front end engaged today on a wet road while I was pulling into a side street and the whole truck jerked and sent me toward the curb. I caught it in time but still a dangerous issue. Any help or insight will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 03:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2016 hubs trying to engage in 2 wheel drive

Having similar issue. two weeks ago hubs were engaging in 2 wheel drive. Terrible grinding noise. Took it to ford and they replaced the vacume line, both IWE's, and hub. Worked fine for two weeks and now its doing the same thing but only on the passenger side. Any advice.
The following users liked this post:
Jkravito (11-18-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump...Anyone else with this issue? My truck is heading in for service next week.