2.7 engine - Page 2 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor

2.7 engine

Old 08-25-2016, 06:30 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
NC F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

I'll be interested in hearing what the dealer contributes the blow out too. Since a similar combo was on my radar for a future purchase. Like the other post, at least it is under warranty.
NC F150 is offline  
Old 08-25-2016, 06:32 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
NC F150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 233
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lucky644
If I had to guess, they weren't very high, I've driven 5 of them over the years and they ALL had major engine problems.
It's amazing that Fords go to engine for nearly 10 million trucks and countless high performance cars would be so problematic. Mine is at 89000, been well cared for but used appropriately, runs like a sewing machine.
NC F150 is offline  
Old 08-25-2016, 10:51 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
naplesbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Braselton, GA
Posts: 525
Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Yes, I am glad it is covered by the factory warranty. It definitely concerns me, however nothing coming up on the internet to indicate it is in any way common. I will be paranoid for some time to be sure though.
naplesbill is online now  
Old 09-16-2016, 09:15 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
naplesbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Braselton, GA
Posts: 525
Thanked 71 Times in 59 Posts
Default

So, I finally got my truck back yesterday. The root cause of the issue was a spun rod bearing. The dealer said they have never seen this happen. They ended up replacing it with a short block.

I hope this was really just a fluke and that there are no further issues related to the engine in this truck.
naplesbill is online now  
Old 09-16-2016, 09:17 AM
  #15  
Administrator
 
Martian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pawnee, IN
Posts: 14,815
Thanked 1,516 Times in 1,031 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by naplesbill View Post
So, I finally got my truck back yesterday. The root cause of the issue was a spun rod bearing. The dealer said they have never seen this happen. They ended up replacing it with a short block.

I hope this was really just a fluke and that there are no further issues related to the engine in this truck.
I hope so, too. That's an odd one. Hopefully it was just a case where that one got messed up somewhere in production.
Martian is offline  
Old 09-16-2016, 02:24 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 789
Thanked 113 Times in 87 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NC F150 View Post
It's amazing that Fords go to engine for nearly 10 million trucks and countless high performance cars would be so problematic. Mine is at 89000, been well cared for but used appropriately, runs like a sewing machine.
I had never considered that before, but they DO sound like sewing machines when the phasers go, haha.
lucky644 is offline  
Old 09-16-2016, 02:29 PM
  #17  
I can't help it
iTrader: (3)
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bullet City NW Burbs
Posts: 21,100
Thanked 948 Times in 711 Posts
Default

Link to 100K someone already has on the 2.7

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/just-...-2-7-a-354557/
Dave is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave For This Useful Post:
dciobota (10-22-2016)
Old 04-14-2017, 09:29 AM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just lost my motor in my 2016 2.7 Ecoboost 4X4 crew. 16,000 miles. Truck has been flawless until yesterday. Noticed a slight ticking sound when I started it. I checked my oil and all was fine. Sounded like it was coming from the left cylinder head. Made it 1/2 hour cruising at 75 mph on the highway before it began making loud sounds and running rough. Pulled it off the highway and stopped in a parking lot. No engine lights or warnings....oil pressure and coolant temps were normal. Shut it off because the sounds coming from the engine were so loud I knew it was about to Chernobyl. Called Ford Roadside assistance and they had it towed to my dealer. I'll post what my dealer discovers once he informs me.
lennstang is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 09:42 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
MNSportsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,913
Thanks: 0
Thanked 502 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
Just lost my motor in my 2016 2.7 Ecoboost 4X4 crew. 16,000 miles. Truck has been flawless until yesterday. Noticed a slight ticking sound when I started it. I checked my oil and all was fine. Sounded like it was coming from the left cylinder head. Made it 1/2 hour cruising at 75 mph on the highway before it began making loud sounds and running rough. Pulled it off the highway and stopped in a parking lot. No engine lights or warnings....oil pressure and coolant temps were normal. Shut it off because the sounds coming from the engine were so loud I knew it was about to Chernobyl. Called Ford Roadside assistance and they had it towed to my dealer. I'll post what my dealer discovers once he informs me.
Looking at your previous posts it looks like you were running a tune on it. Did you flash it back to stock before having it hauled in?

Good luck and keep us posted on what you find out.
​​​​​
MNSportsman is offline  
Old 04-14-2017, 09:49 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Garland, Tx
Posts: 1,460
Thanked 250 Times in 176 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lennstang View Post
Just lost my motor in my 2016 2.7 Ecoboost 4X4 crew. 16,000 miles. Truck has been flawless until yesterday. Noticed a slight ticking sound when I started it. I checked my oil and all was fine. Sounded like it was coming from the left cylinder head. Made it 1/2 hour cruising at 75 mph on the highway before it began making loud sounds and running rough. Pulled it off the highway and stopped in a parking lot. No engine lights or warnings....oil pressure and coolant temps were normal. Shut it off because the sounds coming from the engine were so loud I knew it was about to Chernobyl. Called Ford Roadside assistance and they had it towed to my dealer. I'll post what my dealer discovers once he informs me.
Really? Sounds like you don't have any idea on what is going on yet.
tsigwing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.7 engine


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: