Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Lowered RCSB 4x4 driveshaft length...

Old 02-22-2019, 07:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Lowered RCSB 4x4 driveshaft length...

Does anyone have the amount they had to shorten the driveshaft on their lowered 4x4 RCSB? Trying to get one ordered before I start installing parts. TIA

David
Old 02-23-2019, 12:55 PM

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Shouldn't that be in the instructions or on the kit manufacturer's website. It should also be based on year model and how much you are lowering.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Screwed05
Shouldn't that be in the instructions or on the kit manufacturer's website. It should also be based on year model and how much you are lowering.
I haven't seen the instructions, but if anything they would tell you to check it. I doubt they will give dimensions, like you said with all the different cab configurations and heights. Trying to find someone that has done one of the 3/5.5 kits on a RCSB 4x4 to see if they have the length.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:59 AM

Received 315 Likes on 195 Posts

I haven't really read anyone talking about making 1 longer or shorter which suprises me cause it sure makes sense to me that you would need to
Old 02-24-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2dwoods
I haven't really read anyone talking about making 1 longer or shorter which suprises me cause it sure makes sense to me that you would need to
I read through some of the older posts where guy's with my truck shortened them, but no one is responding with how much. It's definitely something people need to check, you don't want the driveshaft jamming into the back of the trans.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:51 PM

Received 315 Likes on 195 Posts

I thought same cause I'm fixing to lower mine and will measure the travel when I do it and I'll have it shortened if nesessary .I read a lot and always thought aren't you driving the shaft in and reducing travel
Old 02-26-2019, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by 2dwoods
I thought same cause I'm fixing to lower mine and will measure the travel when I do it and I'll have it shortened if nesessary .I read a lot and always thought aren't you driving the shaft in and reducing travel
Yes, you are. I just don't know how much. I guess I'll figure it out once I get started.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

With a 5.5" drop on the rear, you're probably using a flip kit, I would assume. On the Mcgauhy's kit that I installed, the new perches that cradle the rear end have offset holes to allow the rear end to slide back perhaps 3/4" inch form the original position, making shortening the drive shaft unnecessary....at least in my case. Mine is 2wd however, and I have a two piece drive shaft.
Which kit are you planning to use? A lot of the kits have instructions posted in a pdf file that can be downloaded and read before even purchasing the kit.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by rojizostang
With a 5.5" drop on the rear, you're probably using a flip kit, I would assume. On the Mcgauhy's kit that I installed, the new perches that cradle the rear end have offset holes to allow the rear end to slide back perhaps 3/4" inch form the original position, making shortening the drive shaft unnecessary....at least in my case. Mine is 2wd however, and I have a two piece drive shaft.
Which kit are you planning to use? A lot of the kits have instructions posted in a pdf file that can be downloaded and read before even purchasing the kit.
Looking at the 1000HK Belltech kit. The RCSB 4x4 has a lot less variance for driveshaft length, being so short. I guess I'll see once I get there. Thanks for your input.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowered RCSB 4x4 driveshaft length...