Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

can you pull a leaf to drop a little more

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can you pull a leaf to drop a little more

A buddy has a 2wd 2018 with lowering shackles and needs about 2 more inches and not
wanting to go the flip kit route. He doesn't really tow with in so can he just pull a leaf??
Old 07-30-2018, 08:30 AM

Received 260 Likes on 191 Posts

I removed the short leaf or the overload spring I guess you call it and netted about 1/2". You may check into having the spring pack re-arched, if there's a competent spring shop near you. I had the spring pack re-arched on my 05 Silverado a few years back and netted that much (2 inches) but it will probably cost around $400 or so. The reason I removed the bottom leaf or overload spring is because it's the easiest one to take off the pack and only need a little more drop. An added benefit was improved ride quality as it softened up the rear and removed some of the bounciness. I'm not really sure how much lower the truck would go removing the leaf above the overload spring, but I'm sure there would be some significant drop.

I have two leafs on each side with also a set of slam air helper bags to provide firmness when towing my boat or hauling something and I've had zero issues set up this way. Been driving it like that for probably 4 years.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info
Old 08-14-2018, 04:44 PM

Received 289 Likes on 114 Posts

Any update here? Did you end up pulling the overload leaf? If so, how much did it drop?

Quick Reply: can you pull a leaf to drop a little more