Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Bye bye 5.5in front drop

Old 04-29-2013, 08:53 PM
Cant Stop Wont Stop

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Bye bye 5.5in front drop

I went back up to 4.5in drop in front. I was cool with it being at 5.5 in front but didnt like the amount of rake it had. Plus I didn't like how tucked the front wheels became. Most important, I didn't like the lack of ground clearance I had.

So I added another ring to my drop shocks, now I have 4 "big" rings and 2 "lil" rings on each. Damn it rides alot better, more clearance and I can drive it with more confidence. I mean, it was doing ok for around town but in July I'm gonna be taking a 1,900 mile one way vacation from CenCal to south Texas with my family in this truck so I raised it for the better ride quality and to increase my confidence.

For me, a 3/5 drop wasn't gonna cut it. At all. I'm good where I'm at now.

So I guess shaynecsmith is gonna be the only one with a 5.5 in the front!!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I say that is a damn good choice. Low is cool but puckering you butt every time you see a stone in the road isn't fun.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Cant Stop Wont Stop

Originally Posted by custm2500
I say that is a damn good choice. Low is cool but puckering you butt every time you see a stone in the road isn't fun.
AMEN brother!!!!!! That's exactly what I'm saying. It looked sexy parked but I was hella nervous every time I drove it.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:52 PM

What that means is you need to scrap the static crap and get some bags!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 PM
Cant Stop Wont Stop

Nah, cuz if I'm not mistaken, bags are like hydros, alignment will always be off and I'm a broke ****. Cant afford to buy tires more than required specs.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:32 PM

Good news is you are wrong. You have a ride height that you typicaly drive around at. When you get the truck aligned you set it there and you are good. If you are only an inch or two above or below at any time your alignment is still almost perferct so there is a good window that your alignment is good.

A bagged car/truck rides amazing, is very cool, and is the best of both worlds. Extreamly low but still go anywhere and haul anything! Only down side to bagging a truck is cost. If you can do the work the front isn't bad at all. I gott imagine a ford is very easy since it has a strut factory.

Last edited by custm2500; 04-29-2013 at 11:36 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by custm2500:
Droop408 (04-29-2013), InsanePaint (04-29-2013)
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Cant Stop Wont Stop

Hey, that's hella koo to know!! Thanks, bro.
Now I just have to look into the cost and see if it's worth it to me to put in "??" thousands into it. I'm barely going on 2yrs out of a 6yr payment plan but still not sure if I plan on keeping my slow @$$ truck after that. Is it so much for me to want something with power?? Lol

Not to sidetrack from thread with my last remark......
Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
Good news is you are wrong. You have a ride height that you typicaly drive around at. When you get the truck aligned you set it there and you are good. If you are only an inch or two above or below at any time your alignment is still almost perferct so there is a good window that your alignment is good.

A bagged car/truck rides amazing, is very cool, and is the best of both worlds. Extreamly low but still go anywhere and haul anything! Only down side to bagging a truck is cost. If you can do the work the front isn't bad at all. I gott imagine a ford is very easy since it has a strut factory.
BINGO. My Charger is on a full Accuair management air ride, and I have ZERO alignment issues. Get it done right, and you'll have no issues.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 PM

Well I am a Chevy guy so I know what you mean about how slow your truck is. We had them as company trucks at my last job and holly cow! How can a modern truck be as slow as a the fords are.

As for bagging I am not sure about the struts. I found some on ebay but they look like factory height so I don't know how they will work in the lowered truck. They were around $600-$700. Then you have about $400 for the most simple set up. $600 if you want it a little more elaborate with electric switches. The rear is some cash but if you bag the front you can drive confortably and lay it down when there aren't any bumps in the road.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Cant Stop Wont Stop

Originally Posted by InsanePaint
BINGO. My Charger is on a full Accuair management air ride, and I have ZERO alignment issues. Get it done right, and you'll have no issues.

Also good to know. But I dont know if I'm ready to throw in any more money towards a truck I'm not to sure if I'm gonna keep. Already put close to 2k into the suspension due to mistakes on my part. But thanks for the good tip.
The following users liked this post:
InsanePaint (04-30-2013)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bye bye 5.5in front drop