Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

2018 F150 Maxtrac 3/5 lowering kit alignment?

Old 07-18-2018, 06:13 AM

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Default 2018 F150 Maxtrac 3/5 lowering kit alignment?

I'm on my 3rd alignment with 3 different shops.

Has any one with the Maxtrac got their alignment within specs? Currently I have lots of negative camber.

I just went today after I installed the whipple and was told I needed cam bolts to get the camber set to specs. This would have been a $500+ alignment as they stated they needed to drill/enlarge the holes.

I called Maxtrac and their tech said my truck can be aligned without the cam bolts. If I understood the tech he said I needed to pull the toe in while trying to set the camber then to go back to the toe and straighten the steering wheel.

I have told 2 alignment shops this and they said it wont work.

Anyone know how to properly align these trucks with a lowering kit so I can relay it to the techs at the alignment shop?
I have a shop that will work with me.

My other option is to see if there is an alignment shop that Maxtrac recommends out here.

If I need the cam bolts can anyone recommend which ones? I can install these if needed.

Just thought it was weird to need cam bolts on a kit that uses drop spindles and 1" drop springs.

It is the passenger side that has the issues as the camber adjustment seems to be maxed out, the driver side has not been touched.

Thanks

Herb

Last edited by HWill; 07-18-2018 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:53 AM
Blown Member

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

I know with the Belltech front struts you can use cam bolts up to a 2" drop. After 2" you cannot use the cam bolts. You have to elongate the slots toward the center of the truck for more adjustment.
It says all of this in the instructions. I have never lowered more than 2" in the front on two different trucks and the cam bolts in the stock slots barely give you enough adjustment to get the job done.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:54 PM

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd find a different alignment shop. The first shop that did mine messed it up. I took it to another shop and they did an awesome job. If your in the DFW area, the shop I used was Car Heart in Haslet. Nick is the owner and the guy that aligned my truck. Highly recommend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 F150 Maxtrac 3/5 lowering kit alignment?