Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

'15+ 4wd drops

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '15+ 4wd drops

I'm looking to drop my SCREW 4x4, but the problem is I I use the truck for towing/hauling, so I already have a set of firestone air bags in the rear. From what I've read, this means I'm unable to go with a flip kit in the rear correct?
Does that make my only option the ground force/Ford performance kit?
I'd like the front to go lower than the 1.5" offered in that kit though, and my plan was to pair the lowering spring with the belltech 2wd adjustable strut. Unfortunately all I've read are poor reviews about the belltech strut, has anyone had positive xperience with them? Or can people recommend a different route for the front? Will adjustable cam bolts be required to get the alignment in spec going to a 2-3" drop out front?
Old 03-22-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

whats the shackle drop on the ground force kit? they say 3" drop but is that just removing the 2" block and a 1" shackle? if so you could go up to a 2" drop shackle to get a bit lower
Old 03-22-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe it's a 1.75" shackle, as a 2" shackle require modification to the bed floor. But I could be wrong
Old 03-28-2017, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I have read, anything more than 2" in the rear calls for a small portion of the rail on the underside of the bed to removed. Seen plenty of people do it, without issue. I'm in the same boat on lowering my 2015 Supercab. Just can't decide.