Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Truck Sales

2005 FX4 screw CHEAP with lots of extras.

Reply Subscribe
Old 04-19-2013, 10:57 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Default 2005 FX4 screw CHEAP with lots of extras.

I have my old 2005 fx4 screw that I need to sell. I was going to fix it up decided to get into a 12 fx4 to fix up. It needs some motor work but also has some nice extras. It has about 165k miles (lots of highway miles it was my outside sales guys truck).

What it needs as far as I know...I think the timing component need to be rebuilt. It give me a cam position sensor light...I tried changing those and it still has the light. It doesn't run real good and from some light reading maybe the timing has jumped a tooth? It would make sense...lots of miles...timing chain loose...guilds worn...jumps a tooth. I also know 4 high doesn't work but i think that it the solenoid under the hood. Its a known problem that the older style doesn't have a "roof" over some part of it and water makes it crack and stop working. 4 LO works. It has the premium sound (CD stuck) but maybe it can come out or a new head unit hooked up. Doesnt have sunroof or Nav but does have leather and sliding back glass.

Extras that it has it:
xcal 3 handheld tuner with VMP tunes.
Roush grill
apple iSimple to hook your iphone to the stereo (no need for CD's)
ARE hard cover
Dual liner bed liner
LED tail and 3rd brake light
Viper alarm with the remote start system that you can use with your phone
Freshly installed custom true dual exhaust with magnaflow high flow cats, mufflers and tips
5% tint front windows 20% over factory on the back to make it even
Just about brand new rancho 4" lift with the nice adjustable rancho shocks on all 4 corners!

I can also throw in a f250 5.4l 3v long block out of a work truck that needs to be rebuilt. You can use it for parts or sell off to fund rebuild of the f250 motor then swap it into the f150. I think the f250 block has a forged crank by looking at the 8 bolt flywheel. I was going to build it and then put a blower on it to swap into the 150.

I would like to get 7k for the truck and everything with it...I think thats a good deal considering what is added...with a little work it can be a nice truck!

Its located in Lafayette LA

Old 04-19-2013, 11:03 AM

This is a Vid of the remote start and exhaust. The remote has a 2 way remote (lets you know it started) and its long range...also the phone app works anywhere in the world!

This vid was from BEFORE it started running bad

Last edited by NOLAGT; 04-19-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Its a little dusty/dirty but cleans up well, its just been sitting. If anyone wants, I can clean it up good and take closer pics of anything. All the plastics and leather is in good shape...not cracked...and the headliner is not drooping or anything.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 AM

Also to note the brake pads and rotors were changed and the spark plugs not that long ago. KBB value in the worst condition they have is 10,500. I would work $ with you on having it transported to you.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:03 PM
Tg2Fx4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you still have the truck??
Old 10-18-2013, 05:16 PM

nope its long gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 FX4 screw CHEAP with lots of extras.