Reply Subscribe

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 F-150 Lariat 4x4 12,000 obo

Nathan Wright
ft worth tx
04 F150 lariat 12,000 obo

Decided the truck needs to go. Its a 2004 F-150 4x4 Lariat with 5.4L V8, tan leather, heated seats, auto temperature, power rear sliding window, all 4 windows are power and roll all the way down, tinted windows, garage door controls on the visor, edge programmer, pro box with 2 10" P1 subs, 2" rear seat lift to give more clearance for the subs, new driver side door stop, factor hitch I installed prior to moving, 18" Eagle Alloy wheels with 275/65/18 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrax tires with about half tread, and a Line-X bed liner. I've had it since May 2012 and have had no issues with it and when I bought it I had my local Ford dealer flush the trans and coolant, go over it to see if there were any problems that needed to be addressed and they found no issues. I drove it all the way to FT Worth Texas from Pennsylvania pulling a U-Haul trailer with 0 issues. I currently daily drive the truck so the mileage will go up. Currently its got about 134xxx, I would have to look again to be sure but like I said its my DD so it will go up. The trucks in pretty good shape for the mileage, its got a couple dings and scratches but nothing major. Most of the dings are on the driver side front door. 2 marks are from people just letting the door fly open all the time and the factory door stop eventually didnt stop the door before it hit the hinge. I put a new one in when i got it but the door still has two little marks. There is also a spot on the driver door where it looks like the door was opened into something and it scratched it. I will take a couple pics of the door in the light. I thought I had taken some but I guess I forgot. The inside of the tailgate is also dented on the passenger side. I have no idea how the previous owner managed to do that but they did. Again I'll take a pic of that tomorrow as well.
I do owe on the truck but I can have the title in about a week for a serious buyer. PM me or text/call me at six one zero five nine seven eight eight eight eight

Here are the pics I took this morning...

Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM

Pics of the dents i mentioned...

And the nics from the bad door stop...
Old 02-21-2013, 01:08 PM

any offers?
Old 02-27-2013, 03:24 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not trying to be rude but give you honest feedback. You give none of the details that would be important to someone considering buying a 135000 mile 2004 F150 truck from up north, and you may very well not have the answers, such as spark plugs, cam phaser, rust/rot, accidents (why are the 4x4 decals missing), repairs etc. as a 2nd or 3rd owner... at its best KBB has this truck at $10,380 and based upon the photos I'd say its Fair condition which they list at $8,805, meaning you are way over priced. Do your self a favor if you really want to sell; get a Carfax, Service History Report from a ford dealer using the VIN, and see if a PDR guy can pull some of those dents and you could compound out surface rust and touch up with color match paint from dealer. Also get the price where it belongs... I'd offer you $5K for it with all the unknowns and damage.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 PM

First off KBB is not gospel, and it does not take into account the new $600 line-x bed liner, $1500 in wheels and tires, the subs and amp, window tint, or the programer. Second I dont know how you get fair condition out of my pics. I think its a pretty damn clean looking truck from those pics. All the "damage" is all on one door, the driver door and a dent in the tailgate. I dont know why the 4x4 decals are gone nor do i see how that effects the price at all, maybe they wanted them off to look cleaner i dont know but I like it without the decals. The spark plugs were supposedly changed approx 3k miles before i bought the truck but i cannot prove that nor can i prove the condition of the cam phasers. There is no rot on this truck, there is a little surface rust but nothing a wire brush and undercoat cant take care of in fact i did the back half a before it got cooler here and have another can to do the rest just need a nice weekend and some time to do it. When i bought it the guy did some kind of history report, cant think of the name but its something dealers use and it was clean, and if I remember corectly I'm the 3rd owner. If you want run the vin, I have nothing to hide. I would run the carfax for a serious buyer. Its a great truck and I would drive it across the country without hesitation. Your 5k offer is just retarted and shows how much your thoughts are worth, not much. You say kbb is 8,805 fair and you say you'd offer something dumb like 5k because of unkowns and damage, and yes I know your offer is not real.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I understand your position and your passion for your truck. I was only trying to give you insight to help you sell it. I was not saying your truck is worth $5k i was saying your ad makes your truck feel worth $5k.

KBB is not gospel but it is a guideline and one most dealers use. As far as your upgrades are concerned line-x is a plus but I had mine done with the premium line for 275 so you can't assign a value just because its what you paid. Your tire and wheel package probably devalue your truck by almost two grand b/c that's what it would cost to get the stock wheels back, window tint if more than 30% is illegal in most states and if you sell it that way you could have civil liability, have your lawyer draw up a hold harmless to have executed with bill of sale, language on the bill will not keep you out of court. A programmer costs a few hundred new and even less used did you also install a CAI and/or exhaust upgrade, or it an expensive gauge? Do you think you are going to get $ for $ for your mods? or spend $6k on mods and increase a trucks value by $7k a few years later?? Im lost...

In buying a truck, I like most people are looking for a deal, especially when shopping 100,000 mile vehicles and at the end of the day your price nor your marketing of the truck make me feel as such.

My offer though to prove a point was legit, at 5K it's a deal and you can consider it sold, much more and you have to market your truck in a way to move me... For me it would be CARFAX, dealer service records any ford dealer can print it will show warranty work etc, reprint of window sticker, receipts for upgrades, quotes to fix damage etc etc

Good luck really only trying to help been in your shoes before.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 PM

location? not sure if i missed it

Quick Reply: 04 F-150 Lariat 4x4 12,000 obo