Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Yet another exhaust question.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another exhaust question.

So when i purchased my truck one of the previous owners had put a flowmaster set in, i don't know exactly what set it is, i could check if its that important. I've been really looking at trying to get it to sound louder though, i went to a straight pipe for a while and it sounded alright and was about as loud as i wanted, i woulda liked to have head a bit deeper rowr if you know what i mean? and a couple buddy's of mine use to run straight pipe before the cops caught um and put an end to that. So im not wanting to have to pay a ticket just for this extra sound. Is there a legal way i can get this sound out of my truck (And farely cheap)? I've heard good and bad things about glasspacks, some say they sputter to much? Is removing my rear cats illegal, Im from Saskatchewan if anybody would know i have heard alot of good things about removing them. Or would going to like 5" tip or something work? Sorry pretty lame questions, i know you guys get this ALOT.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:51 PM

Sorry, 2.5" pipe with 3.5" tips, and its not true-duel exhaust, would turning it into true duel also help?
Old 12-21-2010, 05:20 PM

i think all you need where im from is 2 cats but im not sure, you could do high flow cats?and true duals would make it louder i believe.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 PM

I was checking around the internet about exhaust laws in my area and i came across this:

Are less restrictive flow (loud) mufflers /exhaust systems or noise enhancements permitted?
National standards dictate that vehicles must be equipped with a muffler and exhaust system that reduces noise.
Are after-market exhaust headers permitted?
Headers are permitted providing the rest of the exhaust system, including legal mufflers, is in compliance. An unrestricted exhaust system is not permitted.

So basically i could remove my rear cat's without any trouble? i think ill just remove them and see how it sounds with my flowmaster muffler and if i doesn't sound right still then ill think about different tip's, true-dual, or glass packs.

this may seem like a dumb question too, but if i went true-dual could i use a pair of dynomax bullets as my mufflers and not get in any trouble?
Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM

yeah you could. i myself have no muffler at all with all cats and haven't had any trouble for being too loud.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Yet another exhaust question.