Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

won't start when warm

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default won't start when warm

I have a problem with my f150. It just started doing this so I haven't had much time to investigate yet. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. When the truck is cold it starts up fine. After I have driven for a while and got it warm, it won't start after I turn it off. It turns over nice and strong, just no fire. After I wait a while it will start up just like new. The check engine light is not on, so I think that means it isn't throwing any codes. I will try to pull the codes tonight just to be sure.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:48 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by W1Gsplita
I have a problem with my f150. It just started doing this so I haven't had much time to investigate yet. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. When the truck is cold it starts up fine. After I have driven for a while and got it warm, it won't start after I turn it off. It turns over nice and strong, just no fire. After I wait a while it will start up just like new. The check engine light is not on, so I think that means it isn't throwing any codes. I will try to pull the codes tonight just to be sure.
I need to know if you have spark or injector pulse when it wont start.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

open up the fuel door, and make sure you can hear the fuel pump running. maybe when it gets hot it isnt working properly.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:17 PM
OVERTHINKER

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Could have a failing coil pack.

Quick Reply: won't start when warm