Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

well.. just got done installing body lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well.. just got done installing body lift

just finished the body lift on my 1999 4x4.

but first i gotta say.. this is the one and only forum I have ever been on that makes me burn my wallet and deal with an angry wife
wife wont be happy when my tax return comes in

before the body lift with a 4 inch suspension

now with the body lift

let me know what ya think
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 AM

and here are some random pictures of installing the lift just because......

Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How difficult was it to do? I have been contemplating doing it. I did one on my bronco II and it took me all day. It was teadeous, but not dificult.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like you move your radiator, what else do you have to move? I've been thinking of doing the body lift before my coil and plug change so access to the back ones will be easier.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:58 AM
4v > 2v

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Looks great. Ive been wanting to throw a 4" suspension on mine on top of the body lift. What size tires are you running?
The following users liked this post:
redfisher584 (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
4v > 2v

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by FL_F150
Looks like you move your radiator, what else do you have to move? I've been thinking of doing the body lift before my coil and plug change so access to the back ones will be easier.
Radiator doesnt move. Just easier to complete the lift when you take the radiator out.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by WesB
How difficult was it to do? I have been contemplating doing it. I did one on my bronco II and it took me all day. It was teadeous, but not dificult.
its not technically "difficult".. its fairly easy to do.. just follow the directions.. its more time consuming than anything because you have to do a bunch of little things other than actually "lifting it". This body lift turned into a all weekend project unfortunately. friday saturday and sunday. if i didnt run into all the problems I did like front core support body bolt heads snapping off and two on the bed bolts stripping out and little stuff that came up.... it prob would have taking me about a one day project doing it myself

Originally Posted by FL_F150
i ended up not taking the radiator out.. the only reason you needed to take your radiator out was to make enought room to take the fan shroud out to cut the top and bottom mounting tabs on them. I ended up taking a dremal and cutting the tabs in the engine compartment

Originally Posted by MyFX4Project
Looks great. Ive been wanting to throw a 4" suspension on mine on top of the body lift. What size tires are you running?
these are 35"s on a 16 inch rim

Originally Posted by MyFX4Project
Radiator doesnt move. Just easier to complete the lift when you take the radiator out.
correcto!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

redfisher good lookin rig!!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:14 PM

Thank you redscrew
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

quote redfisher "i ended up not taking the radiator out.. the only reason you needed to take your radiator out was to make enought room to take the fan shroud out to cut the top and bottom mounting tabs on them. I ended up taking a dremal and cutting the tabs in the engine compartment"

I'm not understanding that, the radiator doesn't move or get rebracketed? then why do you have to mess with the shroud? I remember on my radiator change my shroud slipped inside the bottom brace with tabs and connected on top with them clippy things (ok, now i'm gonna have to go look tommorrow). Other than the frame dropping away from the body (which it has like one inch rubber now), only the top would be affected??? Heheh still trying to wrap my mind around what happens.

Quick Reply: well.. just got done installing body lift