Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Torsion key install info/torsion bar removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Torsion key install info/torsion bar removal

I have seen it asked and seen it answered. Common problem is visualizing what exactly folks are talking about. For those who might need it, I found a good video on youtube that breaks down the 2" lift with torsion keys and blocks. It's a 3 part video and it looks fairly simple, should be able to use this address to get to this guys page that has all of the videos. If not just search f150 lift kit install and look for videos by burlydrdan. Hope this might be of some use.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bulrydrdan

Channelbass
Old 08-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good job, hopefully now we will get less threads always asking about this
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM
A7X

Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

I'll say it again, torsion keys are a rip off... unless you run a plow or heavy winch bumper.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:15 AM

Running on the beach with just tightening the adjuster bolts for lift and then having run with re-indexing keys, I must say I disagree. Thats the thing about this great country, if you don't like em, you dont gotta use em...

Channelbass
Old 08-21-2010, 01:23 PM
A7X

you can "safely" get the same lift with re-indexed keys as you can with the stock ones... re-indexed keys just allow you to push your upper control arms down against the droop stops on your frame... so when you run over a pot hole or a quick drop in the road (or the beach) your UCAs slam the droopstops in turn you can possibly bend them, rip CV boots or worse... yes it's your choice but I know from experience and if you care to look I've posted a few times in more detail to prove my point on this subject with measurements and trial and error that these keys are the dumbest waste of $$
Old 08-21-2010, 01:33 PM
A7X

Here,
https://www.f150forum.com/f6/truth-a...welcome-56399/
Old 08-27-2010, 08:47 AM

wow joe, if it didn't sound like you were rippin on me for posting some info that might be helpful to some, I might be inclined to take look at those attachments you posted. With what "appears" to be a severe lack of tact in expressing your total disgust with torsion keys really turns me off on wanting to look at anything you post.

On the other hand, you seem like you really know what your talking about so I'll kindly refrain from posting any info of any sort in the future...

Channelbass OUT...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:52 AM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by channelbass
wow joe, if it didn't sound like you were rippin on me for posting some info that might be helpful to some, I might be inclined to take look at those attachments you posted. With what "appears" to be a severe lack of tact in expressing your total disgust with torsion keys really turns me off on wanting to look at anything you post.

On the other hand, you seem like you really know what your talking about so I'll kindly refrain from posting any info of any sort in the future...

Channelbass OUT...
I wanted to know the truth about them so I asked....I started the above thread. I know some love them some hate them. I guess the only way to really know is to try them for yourself. I see both points of the story.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:00 AM

There is a guy on this site that lives in my town and he's a ford tech rep. Just sent him a pm introducing myself and asking his thoughts on the matter, we'll see. This other guy that hates the keys might be absolutely right, but he just seems like a jerk the way he replied. Dunno, could be wrong bout that to...
Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 PM
thread jacker!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont like keys either. just my .02 though

Quick Reply: Torsion key install info/torsion bar removal