Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Time for new brakes...need some suggestions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Time for new brakes...need some suggestions.

So I think cross drilled and slotted rotors are pretty cool, the idea seems to make sense (less heat more cleaning out of dust and water) blah blah. My question is: is it legit? im looking into this company http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...item51a0636760

they talk the kit up like it will perform very well and maintain this performance for a long time. I like the way that sounds but then again its ebay any opinions or suggestions towards any other kit would really be helpful
Old 08-11-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont ever believe what u read on ebay. Theres a reason its on ebay and not in every performance shop. This is just my opinion, but stick to the reputable brand names. They have credibility. Also, u get what u pay for.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually bought the same rotors and pads from that ebay seller,la Habra is close to where I live so I paid on eBay and picked them up, I couldn't tell you if they perform any different then others but they stop my truck just fine and look good
Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Drilled and/or slotted rotors WILL dissipate heat better than flat surface rotors and therefore ARE less prone to wear and warpage. The only question is in the quality and thickness of the metal.In many cases they may not be up to OE. But the theory holds true.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think drilled or slotted rotors are worthless in the standard oem size. If u dont race ur truck at high speed enough to even get the rotors hot enough for the slots and holes to be beneficial. Racers use them because of the high temps during braking at high rates of speed. Our trucks are big and heavy, slotted and drilled rotors offer less surface area for our pads to bite and with big tires ur gonna need the surface area. I personally may go with a bigger rotor if u want the cool look for drilled or slotted rotors, the extra diameter will add more surface area that was taken away with the drilling and slotting and u still get the cool look.

Just my $.02
Old 08-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Buy 02 Expedition calipers, caliper brackets, and rotors. OEM. They're bigger but are 5-lid and will bolt right on. A nice OEM solution.

Quick Reply: Time for new brakes...need some suggestions.