Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Seat cover options

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat cover options

Hello all,

I am currently shopping for front seat covers. I am interested in two and wanted to ask your opinion. if you know anything better please let me know.

Here is my first option
https://www.lseat.com/products/1999-...ers-front.html

Here is the second
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIV1GF2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A16GZNZTLHM5UY&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIV1GF2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A16GZNZTLHM5UY&psc=1

What you all think?
Old 07-18-2019, 12:36 PM
mbb

Received 897 Likes on 738 Posts

Two different things

A cover, and a leather replacement..cheap one at that

If you have cloth seats, you need slip over covers. Upholstery is replaceable on leather seats. Its glued to foam on fabric frequently.

Ive never seen a slip over cover, that didnt look like pos slip over cover. Including some pricey ones people here posted. Good reason to go to junk yard, get leather seats, new upholstery for them, and have nice seats instead of sitting on loose rag.

Last edited by mbb; 07-18-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:22 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I want to do this. I have cloth seats and wanted to have leather or vinyl covers over it
Old 07-22-2019, 02:58 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I did the opposite. I took out the leathers and installed cloth in my 98 Lariat.. Alaska and leather seats, without a garage, is a real pain in the ***. Literally.

I did swap my 2007 Mustang seat covers to leather though. It doesn't get driven in the winter, so it's all good. They black leathers are way to warm in the summer though. I have a full set of grey leathers that I am thinking of swapping over. They were factory take offs with less than 3k miles on them. Simple swap of covers on most Ford seats. You have to cut 3 hog ring clips (wire ties to reattach) and you are golden.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

I liked the first option.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 PM
GO SOX!

Received 92 Likes on 86 Posts

I've been researching this quite some time. Katskinz would be my go to for none OEM replacements. The Seat Shop is the most reputable OEM replacement I've found. I've seen the lseat stuff. The site itself just puts me off and doesn't seem trustworthy to me.

I'll have mine completely rewrapped at some point.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:53 AM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Lseat seems to be hit and miss. I've seen some people post up beautiful seats wrapped in their upholstery, and I've seen some that looked like garbage. Your best bet, especially if you're not in a hurry, is to watch ebay like a hawk. You can sometimes find a good deal on new old stock Katzskin covers for our seats, or even piece together an oem upholstery set from a few good deals. I recently replaced the driver side bottom seat cover (and foam cushion) on my Eddie Bauer seats with OEM new stuff off ebay. The cover was a 'Best Offer' deal, I offered $40 and the seller accepted. I got the foam cushion for $50 shipped. The colors don't match perfect (seat back is prarie tan, cover is med. parchment) but oh well.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sests

Has anyone changed out there seats..What fits?
Old 08-10-2019, 11:06 PM

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Alright look, I actually have a set of the seat covers Unlimited but mine are in the black neoprene and camo, slip on tightens down with a string in the back. I’ve had them for about 6 months now and they’re great. I absolutely love them, I have front and rear. They look great, I have full functionality of the seat moving, neoprene is waterproof so that’s a big plus, but no matter what it is, scotchguard it so it is waterproof and stain proof. I paid over $400 for front and rear and I love them. Absolutely amazing. The only thing I’d say don’t get to save money on is the center console cover, that part is the only thing that sucks about this brand, it doesn’t fit well and slides to the passenger side, and forward. Just annoying but definitely do the seat covers unlimited or a leather reupholstered one

Quick Reply: Seat cover options