Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Screw Mirror Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 10:34 PM

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Default Screw Mirror Conversion

I know this topic has been beaten to death already, and I went back and re-read all those threads. I have a question I couldn't find the answer to. I'm thinking of putting a set of towing mirrors on my Screw. I'm seriously considering the dual post extend tow mirrors on eBay. I know they say they don't fit a Screw, but my question is, will the bolts and electric fit without modification?

I was looking at Expy mirrors, but those puppies are expensive! I have a friend who is good with fiberglass, but if it won't bolt on directly, it probably won't be worth it to me. I'm hoping that the only compatibility problem between the Screws and the rest of the body styles is the base on the Screw is lower.

Can anyone confirm that they regular cab mirrors are a direct bolt on to the Screw except for the bottom of the base?

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Full-Rut Design & Fab

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I believe another member has already done this and he had to drill a new hole for the mirrors to mount. Wiring should be the same connector.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:11 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm going to put 04 gmc ones on mine
Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 160 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Longhorn
I'm going to put 04 gmc ones on mine
Make sure you post up a pic of that so we can see how it looks.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by jollyroger331

Make sure you post up a pic of that so we can see how it looks.
You can get them on eBay. It won't be a while till I do it. Gotta put tires on first
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by 99Longhorn

You can get them on eBay. It won't be a while till I do it. Gotta put tires on first
Are the bolt holes the same or do you have to fab them?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:25 PM

Are the bolt holes the same or do you have to fab them?
They are the same I'm pretty sure. Look up 99 f150 tow mirrors
Old 08-12-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by KScountryboy
I believe another member has already done this and he had to drill a new hole for the mirrors to mount. Wiring should be the same connector.
I've studied the connector pictures in the ads on eBay, and it sure looks like the connectors are the same. I'm not too worried if the wiring isn't a direct connection, wiring's easy. Having the fiberglass work done to make the base fit cosmetically should be doable too. My concern is spending a couple hundred bucks on a set of mirrors and having to cut and drill the door and new mirror bases to force them to fit.

I figure the cost of using the Expy mirrors will be about the same as getting the extendable tow mirrors. I like the idea of the bigger tow mirrors, but the Expy mirrors sure look good on XC_Racer_129's truck, and I know they bolt right on.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by mkraffert

I've studied the connector pictures in the ads on eBay, and it sure looks like the connectors are the same. I'm not too worried if the wiring isn't a direct connection, wiring's easy. Having the fiberglass work done to make the base fit cosmetically should be doable too. My concern is spending a couple hundred bucks on a set of mirrors and having to cut and drill the door and new mirror bases to force them to fit.

I figure the cost of using the Expy mirrors will be about the same as getting the extendable tow mirrors. I like the idea of the bigger tow mirrors, but the Expy mirrors sure look good on XC_Racer_129's truck, and I know they bolt right on.
I was thinking of the expy mirrors myself but I sure could use the bigger towing mirrors. I just want to make sure they look good, I don't want it to look half assed.
Attached Thumbnails Screw Mirror Conversion-image-836520453.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 04:56 PM

I was thinking of the expy mirrors myself but I sure could use the bigger towing mirrors. I just want to make sure they look good, I don't want it to look half assed.
Agreed! I love the way the Expy mirrors look. My only concern is they won't be big enough.

Quick Reply: Screw Mirror Conversion