Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

repairable or to long gone???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repairable or to long gone???

I got my f150, it has 85,000 km (50k miles?) And this part of my shocks is rusted and broke off. Idk if its repairable or to gone? I think you guys know what im talking about, where the top of my shocks fits into.
Itd be a sin to have to buy another truck with a blown motor and swap my engine/transmission/4x4/brake/interior all over.
Another part of my frame is in need of welding near my control arms on both sides?? Idk my dad just told me one day.
Please put your input in, thank you!

Old 09-15-2015, 12:34 AM

Received 143 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by newf150kid
I got my f150, it has 85,000 km (50k miles?) And this part of my shocks is rusted and broke off. Idk if its repairable or to gone? I think you guys know what im talking about, where the top of my shocks fits into.
Itd be a sin to have to buy another truck with a blown motor and swap my engine/transmission/4x4/brake/interior all over.
Another part of my frame is in need of welding near my control arms on both sides?? Idk my dad just told me one day.
Please put your input in, thank you!

Holy crap. 😳
On the other hand I'm sure it's replaceable. Do your research, also call ford dealer or go to one with a pic of your problem and ask them. Maybe if you live close enough to a dealer you can drive up there and get a estimate. Most estimates will have part numbers needed for repair and you can then go buy part and have a local body shop replace. Just throwing ideas your way. Good luck
Old 09-15-2015, 12:12 PM

Received 1,354 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Definitely repairable. Any decent machine shop should be able to weld up a new bucket that will work. It wont match but that doesnt matter. They should be able to do your frame welding too.
Old 09-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

FInd a good one for the same side in a wrecking yard and as Jprevat said, have some good machine shop weld in the replacement. Your truck will be back to normal quickly this way. They don't have to prefab an item and the shock won't bind when working. Good luck.

Quick Reply: repairable or to long gone???