Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Rebuild - 2000 F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 PM
AcrophobiA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rebuild - 2000 F150

Heres how i bought the truck Feb 07:

I installed the In-Dash TV when I got the truck.

I sprayed the bedliner at work also right after I got the truck

I painted the chrome altezza tails black to match a little better(and think i like them better then gettin some stockers) ya and dont mind the saggin bed form the cracked frame on both sides, THATS BEEN FIXED ALSO

So ya... Since Ive had the truck Its throwing a misfire in the 6cyl which i replaced the COP and that didn't fix, i'm replacing the plugs this spring(hopefully the fix), I also have to replace the oil pan cuz the nut is stuck or cross-threaded in and no oil shop has ever been able to loosen it. A rim decided to break in half when i hit a small pot hole heading home one night the week before i moved back up to Ohio. And since i have been in Ohio I have been hit 3 times(none my fault) rear ended once and backed into in parking lots twice. Oh ya, and back in October the drivers side front bag bracket just removed itself 3/4ths of the way off the frame one day when I luckily had just gotten off the highway.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
AcrophobiA

Heres how she sits now in my dads garage(hasn't seen the road since October 07 and turns over like a charm):

Plus i need to get a new tailgate and a chrome stock bumper.

Also with the interior I rewrapped all the old Zebra stuff with Black Suede, got chrome harley interior door handles, and had a few more interior pieces painted the factory black. and have another buddy do my seats this summer... unless I hit up Katskinz for another set of seat covers like I have in the Splash.

I just ordered the new header panel and have had the new drivers side headlight. the bumper just needs 1 crack on the pass side filled and it all sanded down and its ready for paint.

I bought new 20s off a buddy(already test fit em and they r dual lug pattern):

Also got a new Eclipse in dash touch screen tv:

The Truck is going to Kris Dye Fabrication for the new brackets that will be a lot strong and setup for more lift in the front and the wheels are going on. While the truck is at Kris's for the suspension and wheels the header panel and bumper are going to my buddy Ant who went to Wyotech to get painted factory black. And hopefully by the end of May the whole truck is going to Ants for the full new paint job with white pearl flames ontop of the black base for a gunmetal/ghosted look.

And the missfire and oil pan issues will be dealt with in the meantime as well.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:36 PM
AcrophobiA

Here is a little photoshop with some black wheels and playing around with filters for an idea of how it will look when Im done..

Old 03-30-2008, 11:37 PM
AcrophobiA

Well well well.. I got the truck out to the shop and had some progress made this weekend, and waiting on the new brackets to come in on tuesday for more.. Both sides will look identical but here are the current progress pictures of the uglyness and a lot of stuff cut off and redone:

Tow:

Old 03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
AcrophobiA

Wheel off and pics of damage:

bag rubbed frame:
Old 03-30-2008, 11:39 PM
AcrophobiA

UGLY lower brackets on the control arm:

IDK why its cut:

NO MO lower bracket:

Kustom Werx did this... eeks
Old 03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
AcrophobiA

Frame ground down:

started replating lower control arm for the bag:

more progress to come this week. Kris is waiting on the new brackets to come in on Tuesday and he got the header panel in the mail so that and the bumper will be going to the painter here soon to get shot
Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like a expensive project, lol

Thanks for all of the pics, they make me appreciate the fact that my truck has stock suspenshion...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Will work for parts

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

thats nice man about how much money would it take to bag a stock 98 f150, but without cutting the bed for the c notch. I'm not really looking to lay frame but lowwer with the control of the bags would be great. Any help would be great.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Will work for parts

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Also are you ganna sell that flip out screen when you put the new one in? If so i would be really interested.

Quick Reply: Rebuild - 2000 F150