Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

quick question?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default quick question?

ever since i have had my truck it will only do a oone tire fire but today for somereason i put it in first instead of drive and did a burnout and both tires locked up good and i did it again and same thing, so my question is why would it only lock up in 1st and not in drive whts the differenece and i know i have a regular conventional axel
Old 11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Title

Received 497 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by jday47
ever since i have had my truck it will only do a oone tire fire but today for somereason i put it in first instead of drive and did a burnout and both tires locked up good and i did it again and same thing, so my question is why would it only lock up in 1st and not in drive whts the differenece and i know i have a regular conventional axel
I believe a "conventional" axle would mean you only have 1 drive wheel. So do you have an open or limited slip? If you do have LS, your gears may be worn and that's why you can spin. I have LS and cannot get them to spin (note that I've only tried once). This is by design.

In first you have more power. The transmission/rear end shops love kids like you.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 PM

Received 91 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jday47
Mine had open diff and it would burn both tires every now and then. If they both have equal loss in traction they should both spin. Any type of bad weather/offroading a limited slip or locker makes a world of difference. Putting it in first has no dofference in drive from a dead stop. They both take off in first....
Old 11-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Were you going straight this time vs turning the other times?

Quick Reply: quick question?