Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

question about the key pad locks

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default question about the key pad locks

mine do not have them.. how difficult would it be (if possible) to add them?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:56 AM

Received 2,508 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I doubt if I would try this upgrade. You'd need new outside handles with the integrated number pads, then the wiring for each door. You have to have power locks originally, or have to add them. Then hooking up the power thru the power box and wiring everything to work together, seems a bit too much work for my liking. I believe that their is another power module that you have to add also. I've put about everything else that you can imagine, including switching to power windows and locks on an older F150, but this might be the one I would pass on. This one and trying to add AC to a vehicle that didn't come with it from the factory. They make kits exactly for the AC, but I've never seen a kit for the pads and required parts. JMO.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:31 PM

i already have power locks so i would think the pad just sends a code to the other doors to tell them to lock/unlock. i wouldnt think it should be that hard but im just guessing
Old 03-02-2011, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its an XLT or Lariat package you may already have the keyless reciever installed and maybe just didnt get any keyfobs when you bought the truck. Which is very common with buying used vehicles, if you did in fact buy it used. If so it may be as easy as just getting a keyfob and programming to your truck.

https://www.f150forum.com/f6/do-i-ha...r-locks-76277/

This thread my help out. Good Luck.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:29 AM

All you need is a handle with the pad built in. If you have keyless entry the door is already wired for it and you already have a code set up. Install it and find the little card that has your code. Also, ford make a little stick-on pad that looks the same as any other of their pads, just stick out more cause its on top of the door. Thats just a stick it on and and use the code.

Quick Reply: question about the key pad locks