Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Passenger side window leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side window leak

Okay I have had this problem for the last 2-3 months or so and I really just want this resolved. On my passenger side window, whenever I am driving 45 mph+ I can hear wind rushing through some little hole/gap (not exactly sure which) and is becoming very annoying and somewhat distracting. It is especially bad on the highway at 70-80 mph almost sounds like I have my window down. I have found a tiny rip on the windshield rubber near the passenger door jam that I have epoxied and thought would solve the problem but didn't work. I've tried the soapy water and air trick on just about every possible place with no success in finding any kind of leak coming through. Beginning to think that maybe the door is bent perhaps? Has anyone experienced this issue or anything similar?

Btw truck is a 2000 supercab w/ 5.4 triton
Old 09-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Ford Man For Life

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife's 2010 Kia soul started this same thing not too long ago. It was doing it on the driver's side. I got to poking around and looking, and indeed the top of the drivers side door is bent. After looking around the door jam a little more I believe someone has/had tried breaking into it. Had a guy at a local body shop tell me to put a piece of 2x4 in the door jam below the window portion, roll the window down, then push on the top side of the door, in small jolts and check after every jolt till the door fits flush. Maybe try this, it worked with my wife's Kia
The following users liked this post:
2000red_F150 (09-28-2016)

Quick Reply: Passenger side window leak